Having been a Microsoft Xbox gamer since 05', I have to give it to Sony on their

#1TheMuffinPosted 11/13/2013 7:32:57 AM
Controller for the PS4. My Best Buy got in a demo unit and I finally got to hold one in my hands. It feels fantastic to be honest. Ever since I switched from Sony to MS and got my hands on the Slim controller and then the 360 controller, I've hated the Dual Shock. But man, I have to say I am insanely impressed with how nice the PS4 controller feels. The sticks are spaced nicely now and they have good resistance. The triggers feel right and overall your hands don't want to slip off them.

Wasn't impressed with the demo for Knack but I have to give them kudos on the controller. System looks very nice in person as well.

Now if only MS would have shipped more than 20 demo units to random Best Buys so I could try one of those out.
---
JascoD~ He said black ops 2, not Battlefield 3. CoD can be played at the same time you're making a sandwich.
#2YeomanlyPosted 11/13/2013 7:35:51 AM
Gamespot just destroyed the DS4 controller on thier live stream, they say triggers are awful, shape uncomfy, and only 7 hours charge. :/

Give me batterys any day.
#3SearchmanV16Posted 11/13/2013 7:37:10 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Gamespot just destroyed the DS4 controller on thier live stream, they say triggers are awful, shape uncomfy, and only 7 hours charge. :/

It's Gamespot. Haven't taken them serious in years.
---
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: HTC One, Nexus 7 2013 model 32 GB.
#4khardboredPosted 11/13/2013 7:38:04 AM
I don't care about the battery power of any controller, never have. But if what they said about the other aspects of the controller is true, meh. Hopefully we'll still be able to get those Afterglow PS4 controllers that look like Xbox controllers. :P
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#5PudgeisafishPosted 11/13/2013 7:40:26 AM
That was always something that annoyed me about Playstation.

Glad to see them improve on it.
#6ZEROthefirstPosted 11/13/2013 7:42:37 AM
Yeomanly posted...

Gamespot, IGN, et.c are pretty horrible when it comes to reviewing ANYTHING. I'm going to have to agree with TC here and give the DS4 controller praise. I don't have a 360, but whenever I play games on my PC I go between my PS3 controller and my 360 controller (PS3 controller for GBA games and stuff on emulators since 360 controller has a crap D-pad). The DS4 controller is surprisingly really comfortable and I much prefer to use it for everything instead of the 360 controller now. My opinion though, but I would highly recommend actually testing it out, you'd be surprised how different it feels from the DS3..
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
#7InjusticeRebornPosted 11/13/2013 7:42:59 AM
I would love to agree with TC, just from images and other's views who have enjoyed the 360 controller over the years. But I really want to get my hands on them myself first. Good to hear another voice saying the same though. :)

Yeomanly posted...

Did they mention anything about the rubber on the thumbsticks? A few people have reported Sony using poor rubber, and they're wearing off already. :/
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 11/13/2013 7:51:59 AM
Who games for more than 7 hours? Makes no sense. Go outside, or you know, get a job.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#9TheScionofManPosted 11/13/2013 8:16:46 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Who games for more than 7 hours? Makes no sense. Go outside, or you know, get a job.

It's called a day off work one of your few chances to play you pick up a new game and you pull an all nighter. Or if you prefer it's called multiple people taking turns be it roommates or brothers and sisters. 7 hours isn't that long when I got kh 1 I played the game 14 hours straight. Accidentally deleted my file and started over next day played till I was as far.
#10Flybn11Posted 11/13/2013 8:19:32 AM
I agree. I hated DS3 (which is one of the several reasons why I hated PS3). DS4 feels way better and can compete against the Xbox One controller.