Honest question, why is the general consensus that Live > PSN?

#1il_capitanoPosted 11/13/2013 8:53:00 AM
So, i just read an article on the website of a famous newspaper of my country(Italy), and aside from the fact that it was biased towards Xbox it mentions that MS's online historically has always been more advanced than Sony's.

Which brings the question, what makes Live better than PSN? i never had a single problem with PSN, but i admit i never tried Live.
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#2tairaa1991Posted 11/13/2013 8:54:09 AM
party system is the only reason for me...ONLY as im not a fan of in game chatting would rather talk to a buddy while we play a different game or what not
---
Gamertag-Tairaa91
Psn-Tairaa1991
#3YeomanlyPosted 11/13/2013 8:54:23 AM
Party Chat on X360 Live! is 100% better then PS4 PSN
#4rosseelesPosted 11/13/2013 8:55:56 AM
For me it just always seem to work better (no very specific sorry) seem to get into games quicker etc.

Im hoping with now having to pay a similar fee to online game that the PS4 has much improved online, which im sure it will
#5khardboredPosted 11/13/2013 8:56:02 AM
I got into the PS3 only a few months ago and my experience with PSN has been a good one. I do prefer Xbox Live over it, however, but for more personal reasons rather than functionality.

The big draw to Xbox Live is its ease of use, voice messaging and especially party chat.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#6Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/13/2013 8:56:37 AM
Everything is more integrated and user friendly. Party Chat. and, from my experience, a much more reliable, stable and better connection.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#7cpcjlc3Posted 11/13/2013 8:57:33 AM
Please don't take this as me saying you are wrong, but I'm always curious when people say an article was biased. I was wondering if you could give examples. I've read articles on both sides where people say it was biased and it was simply because the article pointed out flaws in they persons preferred system.

As far as answering your question. In my experience, XBL has always been more stable, faster, and had better features than what Playstation offers. I'll admit that my experience with XBL out weighs PS+, but that is because I liked XBL quite a bit more so I was willing to pay for it over PS+.

For quite a few people, it comes down to preference. I know in my circle, it seems more people prefer Live. But I also know that my circle is a small section of the world.
#8YeomanlyPosted 11/13/2013 8:57:51 AM
rosseeles posted...
For me it just always seem to work better (no very specific sorry) seem to get into games quicker etc.

Im hoping with now having to pay a similar fee to online game that the PS4 has much improved online, which im sure it will

Not looking good so far for PSN on PS4. :( lots of negatives from reviews.
#9Spider5800Posted 11/13/2013 8:59:35 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Everything is more integrated and user friendly. Party Chat. and, from my experience, a much more reliable, stable and better connection.

This. There's also the whole PSN getting hacked fiasco to consider (I think XBL has been hacked as well, but never to that degree, and never bad enough to knock the whole thing down for multiple days).
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#10Masterchief5525Posted 11/13/2013 9:03:51 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Plus download speeds from Sony are a bit slow compared to MS where I download a game or arcade game in no time.