Predict the inevitable issues with the Xbox One launch.

#1GradyHooverPosted 11/13/2013 9:49:32 AM
What's going to go wrong with the Xbox One launch? - Results (178 votes)
A significant percentage of the systems won't work, a.k.a. "360 Redux."
11.24% (20 votes)
That mandatory launch-day system update will be huge and time-consuming.
17.98% (32 votes)
Lousy reviews for most launch games, forcing us to question why we didn't wait.
8.43% (15 votes)
Glitchy Kinects that don't read obvious movements (OR see things they shouldn't)
8.43% (15 votes)
A bunch of morons will damage their TV screens while playing Kinect Sports, and this will get mainstream coverage.
6.74% (12 votes)
75% or more of the features supposedly inherent to the OS won't be available yet.
3.93% (7 votes)
Turning off your system at the wrong time during setup will "brick" your Xbox One.
2.25% (4 votes)
A foul combination of the above.
33.71% (60 votes)
Something you didn't even think of that I will explain below.
7.3% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's face it: There hasn't been a smooth, problem-free console launch since the PS2/GameCube/Xbox generation. Wii U and PS4 are just cementing the fact that launching a console these days is always going to come with some kind of concern along the way. So what's going to be XB1's standout problem?
---
Metroid, Ys and Mega Man. Best of the best.
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/13/2013 9:50:47 AM
Other: The world will become flooded by the tears of Sony fanboys when they realize that X1 works really well.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3xninjagrrlPosted 11/13/2013 9:50:51 AM
I say alot of people get bricked systems trying to download/install that day one patch.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#4Skynet82997Posted 11/13/2013 9:53:59 AM
Who knows - something, probably not major. A small percentage of unlucky people may get a faulty console. Some of the launch titles may get mediocre to low scores.....

But I expect it to be relatively smooth.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5GradyHoover(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 9:57:39 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Other: The world will become flooded by the tears of Sony fanboys when they realize that X1 works really well.

I'll be really, really amazed if the Xbox One launch comes off without so much as a hitch. It'd be the first time for that in over a decade of console launches.
---
#6PulpPosted 11/13/2013 10:00:43 AM
Server/update/account issues.

You know its gonna happen.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#7BigAl519Posted 11/13/2013 10:06:03 AM(edited)
- Bricked systems from the day one patch
- Tons of returns from angry consumers who get the console how and realize its nothing but a paperweight until the patch is done.
- A new RROD from this underclocking crap they added. Probably to do with voltage this time, not heat.
- Live will crash and people will be unable to update and have a dead console
- The poor souls that bought RYSE and Killer Instinct and realize they are complete crap

Thats just a few issues I see happening.

This must be your first time getting an MS console, congrats on your first easy bake oven wannabe!
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#8AarksharkPosted 11/13/2013 10:08:19 AM
I'd like to change my vote from "Turning off your system at the wrong time during setup will "brick" your Xbox One."

To;

Other - Could Not Connect to XboxLive. (Cannot download Day One patch.)
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#9GradyHoover(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 10:15:10 AM
BigAl519 posted...
- Bricked systems from the day one patch
- Tons of returns from angry consumers who get the console how and realize its nothing but a paperweight until the patch is done.
- A new RROD from this underclocking crap they added. Probably to do with voltage this time, not heat.
- Live will crash and people will be unable to update and have a dead console
- The poor souls that bought RYSE and Killer Instinct and realize they are complete crap

That last one seems unlikely to me on Killer Instinct at least. All the early word is positive, although the pricing model still understandably sticks in a lot of craws.

Yeah, I'm thinking Ryse will be getting Knack-level reviews.
---
#10Masterchief5525Posted 11/13/2013 10:16:43 AM