Predict the inevitable issues with the Xbox One launch.

#31GradyHoover(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 8:28:19 AM
touyamizrahi posted...
GradyHoover posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
Gravyhoover cries as he wishes he would of got the xb1 cause has no real problems

maybe a few faulty consoles but no more then Sony will have and they are already reporting problems.

Yeah, just like the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U and PS4 have had no real problems.

Suuuuuure.

We're not living in the past anymore. Consoles just don't launch at full functionality like they used to. Those days are gone.

I miss the days of consoles working perfectly right out of the box. My Genesis and SNES both worked fine the moment I got them inside and hooked up. Just plugged in the cartridge and BAM, game loading :D.

I think that our Internet-connected digital age has made companies complacent in shipping broken products. Is the game broken? No worries, we can patch it later! ETC.

Things were different when systems weren't all online.

Of course, despite my prediction of "issues," I fully expect that MOST XBOnes and PS4s will function just fine. But the negative stories always get more press.
---
Metroid, Ys and Mega Man. Best of the best.
#32DJ break beatsPosted 11/14/2013 8:48:43 AM
Other - They will sell out and people will be scamming each other online asking ridiculous prices.
---
"Are you going to bark all day, little doggie, or are you going to bite?" - Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.
#33ILikesCheesePosted 11/14/2013 8:52:36 AM
Aarkshark posted...
Other - Could Not Connect to XboxLive. (Cannot download Day One patch.)

That.

And Sony will have the SAME problem tomorrow.
---
Beware Microsoft's Annoying Defense Force And Nonsensical Brigade Of Yappy Salespeople!
#34PudgeisafishPosted 11/14/2013 8:56:16 AM
Other: People will get the system stolen/robbed from them on their way to the car/home on midnight release.
#35_PandaMaster_Posted 11/14/2013 8:59:10 AM
Yeah, I'd say the combination.
---
What What, In the Butt.
3DS FC: 4871-4510-2952 (Pokemon Y Safari: Ground; Trapinch, Nincada, and Paplitoad [Name's Alister])
#36Masterchief5525Posted 11/14/2013 9:02:14 AM
Likely to have a couple consoles with a hardware malfunction or software problem. But looking at the problems some people are having with he PS4 I'm happy I'm getting it next year. Hopefully my X1 Day one edition works great out of the box.
#37ExempliGratiaPosted 11/14/2013 9:03:27 AM(edited)
I don't get it.. Microsoft have been pushing out huge patches changing major things on the Xbox 360 many times. Why would with the Xbox One there suddenly be a problem? I'm not saying there is no possibility but, they have been preparing for things like this for a long time.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#38Donuts_R_GoodPosted 11/14/2013 9:06:09 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Other: The world will become flooded by the tears of Sony fanboys when they realize that X1 works really well.

^
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#39EllesarienPosted 11/14/2013 9:12:19 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Every launch has a few hitches but those are usually overblown way out of proportion.

---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#40touyamizrahiPosted 11/14/2013 9:17:34 AM
GradyHoover posted...
touyamizrahi posted...
GradyHoover posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
Gravyhoover cries as he wishes he would of got the xb1 cause has no real problems

maybe a few faulty consoles but no more then Sony will have and they are already reporting problems.

Yeah, just like the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U and PS4 have had no real problems.

Suuuuuure.

We're not living in the past anymore. Consoles just don't launch at full functionality like they used to. Those days are gone.

I miss the days of consoles working perfectly right out of the box. My Genesis and SNES both worked fine the moment I got them inside and hooked up. Just plugged in the cartridge and BAM, game loading :D.

I think that our Internet-connected digital age has made companies complacent in shipping broken products. Is the game broken? No worries, we can patch it later! ETC.

Things were different when systems weren't all online.

Of course, despite my prediction of "issues," I fully expect that MOST XBOnes and PS4s will function just fine. But the negative stories always get more press.

I know :( it makes me sad that they can think like that. Games and systems used to have no major bugs (for being able to play them anyway, I don't mean glitches in game that you use to power level or something), but this whole "we'll just make a patch and sell ASAP!" mentality is just horrible business IMO. I'll still buy the system though once there are games out I actually want to play :P. Hopefully all major issues from launch until then are fixed out though :)
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3