I don't understand.

#1DrWeird42Posted 11/13/2013 2:45:45 PM(edited)
Maybe it's because I'm "old" and don't "get it," but why do people spend so much time flaming each other on the XBox One and PS4 boards? At what point did it become unacceptable to just like the system you like without feeling the need to dogpile the competition out of some obsessive-compulsive insecurity?

I'll end up with both, I always do, going waaaaaay back to NES/Sega Master, but I came to these boards to decide which of the new ones I wanted first, and reasonable pro/con discussions are really hard to come by. It's like a mental ward allowed the patients internet access but only to Gamefaqs.

I'm 100% serious. I don't get the point of any of it.
#2ryoma24Posted 11/13/2013 2:45:05 PM
Odd to me as well, there was always the "console wars" but nothing like this
#3DrWeird42(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 2:49:42 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I honestly don't think there's been a single mainstream system in the past 30 years that didn't have 'must-play' title on it. (I said 'mainsteam' because otherwise someone would have invoked the CD-I)
#4maheo30Posted 11/13/2013 2:51:25 PM
I'm with TC. I don't understand either. I'm buying an X1. That will be my console of choice next gen, but if someone else likes the PS4 I truly hope they enjoy it. I'm not going to mock their choice.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#5_DevilBob_Posted 11/13/2013 2:57:25 PM
You're old. You just don't get it.
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#6jrr18Posted 11/13/2013 3:02:55 PM
the infra sound from wind farms is makeing people stupider and more angry
---
CHOO CHOO all aboard the hate train next stop whine country.
PSN/steam jrr101
#7MmaguyPosted 11/13/2013 3:03:00 PM
It's mostly little kids that haven't fully developed mentally yet. The reason this keeps going on and on during every single generation is because when the little kids grow up, new kids take over and start the process all over again. It will never stop as there's always a new generation of kiddos showing up.

At least I hope they are little kids, if they are over the age of 12, how embarrassing that would be.
#8BigBee2005Posted 11/15/2013 6:07:38 AM
DrWeird42 posted...
Maybe it's because I'm "old" and don't "get it," but why do people spend so much time flaming each other on the XBox One and PS4 boards? At what point did it become unacceptable to just like the system you like without feeling the need to dogpile the competition out of some obsessive-compulsive insecurity?

I'll end up with both, I always do, going waaaaaay back to NES/Sega Master, but I came to these boards to decide which of the new ones I wanted first, and reasonable pro/con discussions are really hard to come by. It's like a mental ward allowed the patients internet access but only to Gamefaqs.

I'm 100% serious. I don't get the point of any of it.

I think it comes down to he fact most people can (for financial reasons, probably) only afford one console and coupled with having a mental age of about ten, then have to go to enormous lengths to diss the console they're not buying. Re-assurance is the best way to put it I suppose. If you're looking for impartial comments / advice you have almost certainly come to the wrong place, only blind fanboyism allowed here.
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#9Thewinner14Posted 11/15/2013 6:10:54 AM
Why do rival sports team fans do the same thing?
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#10xninjagrrlPosted 11/15/2013 6:11:46 AM
I swear much of the community here has an avg EQ lower than that of 4chan....
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.