Despite Having "Better" Launch Games, XB1 is Still Losing in Sales to PS4

#31TRC-G00SEPosted 11/13/2013 4:00:47 PM
I would like to see a comparison after each launch of how many people who pre ordered actually recieved it on launch day. i know several people just locally that will not get their ps4 from amazon at launch. They did not wait until the last minute either.

I feel that sony over estimated. MS had a lower limit that seems more realistic.

People saying their store 300 ps4 pre orders. I dont see that order getting fullfilled 100%.
---
****!
#32TheDarkNerdPosted 11/13/2013 4:04:44 PM
bridog346 posted...
I'm only concerned with the games, not who sells a few million more or less than what system I play on.

While this is usually my attitude as well sales do matter. It makes developers less likely to give the console with a smaller install base an exclusive especially if it's a big difference. Basically sales do affect us in a way.

There is a reverse to this, however. If a console has twice the install base but four times the competition, developing for the smaller console makes sense for a studio less confident in their ability to push their product on consumers (an aspect that is completely independent of the quality of the product they make).

Really, the only way to completely eliminate the exclusives issue is to have one console crush the other console into complete oblivion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#33scorpio manPosted 11/13/2013 4:22:03 PM
Sales? Wait these consoles are out on shelves?! Where have I been
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#34miethaPosted 11/13/2013 4:28:42 PM
VeonVoid posted...
"The Xbox One has better Games!"

Okay fine, then explain to us why the heck is the Xbox One is losing to PS4 in Console Sales and Game sales? I thought whoever has the better and or more exclusive games will sell the most consoles.

Um, 'cause it's $100 less and has better PR. Before the systems are actually out, hype and price are pretty much all that matter for most people, especially as 80%+ of the launch games are the same on both systems.
#35Laylow12Posted 11/14/2013 9:52:35 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
TrickyPony posted...
method115 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Sony committed to 3m ps4s this year.

MS says all 6 million preorders for xbone will be fulfilled day 1.

Math!

Provide me a source and exact quote of MS saying six million.

hint: you'll never do it.

I know what he;s referring to. There was a report that MS had planned for 7 million consoles to be ready at launch and then downgraded to 6.1 million or something. I can't find the link though

7 million = too low.

"I've been here for the launch of Xbox 360. I was here for the launch of Kinect. This is far and away the biggest launch we've ever done," he said. "It's the most hardware we've ever produced."

Kinect = 8 million in 6 weeks
Xbone > Kinect

Problem with all that preparing for launch is you gotta actually SELL that many and the preorders are only 600,000. =\

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin