Having second thoughts...(PS4 guy switching to Xbox One)

#1TeclmmledPosted 11/13/2013 2:58:54 PM
Hey guys, hopefully I do not get bombarded with trolls on this topic but, I currently have a PS4 preordered since June from Amazon and am starting to believe it may have been a bad choice...

After watching the UI videos of the PS4 to the Xbox One I am not impressed at all by the PS4 experience. The Xbox One makes me feel like I WANT to have it in my living room to make my families life easier for entertainment purposes. While the PS4 is just a great gaming machine. The Xbox One I feel can do both, great gaming and great entertainment.

I owned both an Xbox 360 and PS3 for the previous generation consoles and once E3 hit and Xbox went evil on us, I immediately decided to go with the PS4. Aside from the the reasons after E3 of why I went with the PS4 first, I also I THOUGHT free online (nope) and is much cheaper but not none of that matters now. If I were to get the camera for PS4 it would be around the same price as the Xbox One and clearly they took away free online.

Now that launch day draws near and I keep seeing these new videos of the UI, I am having second thoughts. I know I can find someone to trade the console with so getting it on launch day is not the problem. I just want to know, what would you do in my situation seriously?

I love gaming but I also enjoy these premium features that come with the Xbox One. What is the big difference between the systems?
---
- Tec
My Dream Consumes My Life....
#2Ludacris01Posted 11/13/2013 3:01:18 PM
Get whichever console you want. If you feel you may enjoy the X1 more, then get that instead.

Personally, I'd rather get my console of choice for games rather than the user interface, but that is irrelevant because my preferences differ from yours, which will also differ from the next 5 posters.

Get the one that suits your needs
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official King K. Rool of the Smash 4 board. KING K. ROOL FOR SMASH 4
#3motoraptorPosted 11/13/2013 3:02:12 PM
It seems like you're putting a lot of emphasis on the UI, which while is important to the overall experience shouldn't be the deciding factor in which console you get. PS4 is great at what it does, games. The Xbox One's mantra is "All in One". I embrace its multimedia features and I think it's fair to be want more out of a console.

Anyway, don't base your decision on the UI.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#4PudgeisafishPosted 11/13/2013 3:02:35 PM
The big difference is your opinion of the system, games, and experiences.

You'll be ok with what ever you decide on.
#5Teclmmled(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 3:03:59 PM
Ludacris01 posted...
Get whichever console you want. If you feel you may enjoy the X1 more, then get that instead.

Personally, I'd rather get my console of choice for games rather than the user interface, but that is irrelevant because my preferences differ from yours, which will also differ from the next 5 posters.

Get the one that suits your needs

Agree with both of you here. Games wise I am not a SUPER HEAVY gamer. On Xbox and PS3 I usually just go for the main exclusives. Anything built by Naughty Dog, Bungie, etc...the bigger companies. So I mean preference wise for games...I enjoy both equally.
---
- Tec
My Dream Consumes My Life....
#6regsantotomasPosted 11/13/2013 3:05:21 PM
Pudgeisafish posted...
The big difference is your opinion of the system, games, and experiences.

You'll be ok with what ever you decide on.

Well said.

You are your own arbiter with regards to which solution is best for you. You decide which metrics matter most whether it be price, launch games, system raw power, controller, user experience, feature set, etc.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#7Combo626Posted 11/13/2013 3:09:04 PM
Buy whatever you want, but that XBOX One UI is awesome to me.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#8QuxMaxPosted 11/13/2013 3:09:22 PM
Its cool bro we forgive you
#9HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/13/2013 3:11:49 PM
You want this, don't you?

http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content/uploads/edgeonline/2013/05/XboxOne1.jpg

The hate is swelling in you now. Take your DualShock. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servent. It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#10Laylow12Posted 11/13/2013 3:12:36 PM
If you're in love with a UI over having better playing games then i don't know man. That's just weird.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin