Having second thoughts...(PS4 guy switching to Xbox One)

#31rahmed51387Posted 11/14/2013 1:16:19 PM
Teclmmled posted...
Well after all the PS4 Brick stories I am hearing now I 100% have no doubts about getting the Xbox One...unless of course something bad happens to that console as well. Here is to a healthy Xbox release!

Another case of blowing reports out of proportion. If you're going to base a decision, do it from a gaming standpoint instead of internet gossip.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#32GuyFawkes5Posted 11/14/2013 1:19:51 PM
id wait regardless of system. PS4 is having hardware issues. I am sure One will to.
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.
#33method115Posted 11/14/2013 1:32:01 PM
Teclmmled posted...
Hey guys, hopefully I do not get bombarded with trolls on this topic but, I currently have a PS4 preordered since June from Amazon and am starting to believe it may have been a bad choice...

After watching the UI videos of the PS4 to the Xbox One I am not impressed at all by the PS4 experience. The Xbox One makes me feel like I WANT to have it in my living room to make my families life easier for entertainment purposes. While the PS4 is just a great gaming machine. The Xbox One I feel can do both, great gaming and great entertainment.

I owned both an Xbox 360 and PS3 for the previous generation consoles and once E3 hit and Xbox went evil on us, I immediately decided to go with the PS4. Aside from the the reasons after E3 of why I went with the PS4 first, I also I THOUGHT free online (nope) and is much cheaper but not none of that matters now. If I were to get the camera for PS4 it would be around the same price as the Xbox One and clearly they took away free online.

Now that launch day draws near and I keep seeing these new videos of the UI, I am having second thoughts. I know I can find someone to trade the console with so getting it on launch day is not the problem. I just want to know, what would you do in my situation seriously?

I love gaming but I also enjoy these premium features that come with the Xbox One. What is the big difference between the systems?

If you want great entertainment build an HTPC and install XBMC. That's something that will impress anyone. Everyone who comes to my house immediately ask what it is my coworker built one and has had to build 5 more for his friends after they saw it. Using consoles as media players is laughable.
#34NewMoonShadowPosted 11/14/2013 2:42:25 PM
Teclmmled posted...
Well after all the PS4 Brick stories I am hearing now I 100% have no doubts about getting the Xbox One...unless of course something bad happens to that console as well. Here is to a healthy Xbox release!

All the stories? I've heard of one or two...

If i`m going to spend $400-500 on something , contrary to what Sony fans are trumpeting , i want something that is futureproof in all respects , not just a video game machine.

Futureproof? What? The X-Box One isn't any more "futureproof" than the PS4 is, the only difference between the two systems is in software (apps are software based, they could easily be added to the PS4's functionality later). Nobody can deny Microsoft makes better software than Sony, but if Sony puts in the effort to update the operating system periodically the PS4 can and will end up doing more than the X-Box One thanks to more powerful hardware. If either system is "futureproof" it's the PS4.

Hell the X-Box One can't even run 3D Blu-Rays, which are CURRENT technology... let alone be more "futureproof"...
#35danl0134Posted 11/14/2013 4:46:44 PM
I did the exact same thing. Microsoft had an awful E3 event and I ended up pre-ordering the PS4. Started having second thoughts in September and after I realized that the UI is basically a slight upgrade over PS3 XMB and the good games won't be coming out until next year, I canceled and paid for an Xbox One. I don't for a second regret this decision, though I'll end up with both consoles eventually.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#36Teclmmled(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 2:31:57 PM
method115 posted...
Teclmmled posted...
Hey guys, hopefully I do not get bombarded with trolls on this topic but, I currently have a PS4 preordered since June from Amazon and am starting to believe it may have been a bad choice...

After watching the UI videos of the PS4 to the Xbox One I am not impressed at all by the PS4 experience. The Xbox One makes me feel like I WANT to have it in my living room to make my families life easier for entertainment purposes. While the PS4 is just a great gaming machine. The Xbox One I feel can do both, great gaming and great entertainment.

I owned both an Xbox 360 and PS3 for the previous generation consoles and once E3 hit and Xbox went evil on us, I immediately decided to go with the PS4. Aside from the the reasons after E3 of why I went with the PS4 first, I also I THOUGHT free online (nope) and is much cheaper but not none of that matters now. If I were to get the camera for PS4 it would be around the same price as the Xbox One and clearly they took away free online.

Now that launch day draws near and I keep seeing these new videos of the UI, I am having second thoughts. I know I can find someone to trade the console with so getting it on launch day is not the problem. I just want to know, what would you do in my situation seriously?

I love gaming but I also enjoy these premium features that come with the Xbox One. What is the big difference between the systems?

If you want great entertainment build an HTPC and install XBMC. That's something that will impress anyone. Everyone who comes to my house immediately ask what it is my coworker built one and has had to build 5 more for his friends after they saw it. Using consoles as media players is laughable.

I don't know how to build anything so unless you slap a guide for me I do not know wth and HTPC is.
---
- Tec
My Dream Consumes My Life....
#37UtterMoonPosted 11/15/2013 2:37:33 PM
Jeez. I've never understood these kinds of people.

Reviews for the PS4 games come out...everyone flips their crap and assumes that the Xbone games are better, and very few people consider that..perhaps they should wait for the reviews to come out for those games as well.

PS4 has a few problems (small scale stuff) and everyone flips their crap and assumes that the Xbone will not have these problems, that its launch will be perfect, that Xbox Live will function as intended on day one (and if it doesn't..you had better hope that it gets fixed within 24 hours). Why not wait until the Xbone launch before dropping 500 dollars on it?

Hell..why even get a console on launch day if you're going to be put off by problems that are inevitable?
#38Teclmmled(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 2:39:54 PM
UtterMoon posted...
Jeez. I've never understood these kinds of people.

Reviews for the PS4 games come out...everyone flips their crap and assumes that the Xbone games are better, and very few people consider that..perhaps they should wait for the reviews to come out for those games as well.

PS4 has a few problems (small scale stuff) and everyone flips their crap and assumes that the Xbone will not have these problems, that its launch will be perfect, that Xbox Live will function as intended on day one (and if it doesn't..you had better hope that it gets fixed within 24 hours). Why not wait until the Xbone launch before dropping 500 dollars on it?

Hell..why even get a console on launch day if you're going to be put off by problems that are inevitable?

Well I agree, I won't 100% go get a lunch console if there are problems with the Xbox as well, but so far I don't want to PAY for something that has problems on day one. Stupid waste of money.
---
- Tec
My Dream Consumes My Life....