wish sony and microsoft would...

#1ManafrontPosted 11/13/2013 3:41:03 PM
just let multiplat games share game servers so we could have a vast online community!
---
PLEASE HALEP HEAL TY ^O^
#2sn3akywafflesPosted 11/13/2013 4:58:17 PM
I'll gladly pay my $60 a year so i don't have to play with anyone with a ps4, i dont want to be playing cod and be stuck with 5 people on my team who are afk counting the pixels on their tv screen and telling me to kill myself because they have more
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#3Laughing_CatPosted 11/15/2013 9:12:12 AM
sn3akywaffles posted...
I'll gladly pay my $60 a year so i don't have to play with anyone with a ps4, i dont want to be playing cod and be stuck with 5 people on my team who are afk counting the pixels on their tv screen and telling me to kill myself because they have more

AHAHA :)
---
Kifflom.. 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0329-9948 GT: Stephen 732
"In a world without gold we might of been heroes"
#4EnclavePosted 11/15/2013 9:23:08 AM
Manafront posted...
just let multiplat games share game servers so we could have a vast online community!

Sony is actually more open to this generally than Microsoft. You'll note, there are some multi-plat games where PS3 players are playing alongside PC players but the 360 players are in their own set of servers.

So yeah, odds are rather high that this is more Microsofts issue than anybody elses.

Of course FPS are a different story. Developers don't generally want PC and console players playing together as console players are at a very distinct disadvantage.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#5crynryanPosted 11/15/2013 9:44:22 AM
The PS2 version of FFXI allowed PS2 players to play with PC and 360. This mainly happened because Microsoft didn't see the PS2 as the main competitor of the 360 since they were from different console generations.

There's really no reason why it shouldn't happen. It would increase the playerbase in every game, developers wouldn't have to have separate servers for each platform. The only thing I can see from Microsoft's position is that they wouldn't want PS4 games to be running off their Live servers, which makes sense. So sadly, it'll probably never happen.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#6Viet0nePosted 11/15/2013 9:58:55 AM
This is actually Microsofts fault.

A handful of MMO games were scheduled to be developed for the Xbox 360 but they ended up bailing out because MS wouldn't allow the developers to customize their own network which is pretty much needed for an MMo game.

FFXI was an exception and it's clear because the Live features were simply an extra layer and not implemented in the game itself.

As far as PC/360 gaming went, MS only allowed games if they used the games for Windows Live which again was closed and not available for developers to optimize.

This is the reason why CoD, BF4, and various other games simply decided to create their own match making and dedicated servers because Live wasn't good enough.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne