Why is Xbox One $100 more than PS4?

#81NessaJ_TuNPosted 11/15/2013 6:18:28 AM
BEcause of freaking Kinect. I don't know why Microsoft is so stubborn to include the peripheral, its not gonna help gaming better, it just an optional cool touch when you browse your media center and motion sensor game are for casual gamers, core gamers don't care about those stuffs. Like seriously Microsoft is too stubborn to include Kinect, they could sell this for 400 bucks and they are not gonna lose a lot of 360 fans. I am interested with X1 more than PS4, because of the seamless transition from movie, games and internet, which I would use when I bored playing video games in my living room, powerful spec don't really mean anything to me nowadays, but Microsoft just blew it with adding Kinect and now I rather buy PS4. Just my 2 cents.
#82xninjagrrlPosted 11/15/2013 6:29:05 AM
I feel like the X1 is better for families and the ps4 is better for individuals. The Kinect does offer some neat features for people who have multiple accounts on one Xbox. And if parents can actually get their lazy children to use the fitness apps, maybe it will help solve America's obesity issue.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#83touyamizrahiPosted 11/15/2013 6:37:02 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
I feel like the X1 is better for families and the ps4 is better for individuals. The Kinect does offer some neat features for people who have multiple accounts on one Xbox. And if parents can actually get their lazy children to use the fitness apps, maybe it will help solve America's obesity issue.

They could just get their kids to actually exercise/go outside by taking away games too. I limit my kid to 2 hours of gaming on a school day. 1 hour from when he's home until supper, and then 1 hour after supper up until bed. if he didn't finish all his work in class, he picks which hour he loses (because he has enough time in class to finish it, he's only grade 1). The other hours he has are for playing outside, or he can watch some tv or play with his toys. If he has a great day at school and the teacher takes time to write a note that he did so, then we drive across town to the GOOD park and he can play there for a bit.

It's not hard to get your kids to be active unless you're a lazy parent :P.
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#84Impaired MedicPosted 11/15/2013 6:37:51 AM
Phrostbyte101 posted...
With that logic, I would need to force my friends to buy the same games as me in order to enjoy their company.

No one said you have to. This is about what I like. Not what you like.
---
#xboxdone
#85xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/15/2013 6:54:18 AM
Where did people get the idea that true gamers don't want kinect? Cause I'm certainly interested in it.

And I know many of the people I know getting the X1 are interested as well. I'm convinced that people hate just to hate. If you could talk to your playstation and have it do everything via voice I'm sure there'd be no discussions had.
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#86touyamizrahiPosted 11/15/2013 7:00:45 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Where did people get the idea that true gamers don't want kinect? Cause I'm certainly interested in it.

And I know many of the people I know getting the X1 are interested as well. I'm convinced that people hate just to hate. If you could talk to your playstation and have it do everything via voice I'm sure there'd be no discussions had.

because the majority of things are easier done than said. IN GAME it doesn't have much/any benefits. Imagine trying to play say COD or DR3 where the ONLY way you can use say your special thing is to say the command line to the Kinect. Like, "Activate Defense Turret!" for COD or "Combine Shotgun and Chainsaw" in DR3. It takes more time to say/yell these things, than it would be to just flick a button on your controller. Yes, it can be nice in menus on the dashboard....but really, paying $100 for a second option on controlling the menus isn't really a revolutionary thing that should be mandatory. My phone can search the web, dial numbers, and write out text messages all with voice commands and has been able to do so for a while.
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#87nizam216Posted 11/15/2013 10:06:53 AM
The Xbox One cost more because it has Teh Cloudz.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z101/benny_blakk/cloud.gif