Free games on Xbox One Live!, Free not rented

#81BurgerNogPosted 11/14/2013 2:02:20 PM
BurgerNog posted...
This topic is now about bread.

Sign me up for some good old fashioned sour dough, please!
---
--Being too stupid to know who's dumb is worse.--
#82BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/14/2013 2:04:13 PM
Altmadragon posted...
BurgerNog posted...

Banana bread?

Had to throw out my bread maker because my banana bread consumption was getting out of hand.

Fresh, hot banana bread with a little butter...that's the way to start your day on a cold winter morning.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#83AltmadragonPosted 11/14/2013 2:21:37 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Altmadragon posted...
BurgerNog posted...

Banana bread?

Had to throw out my bread maker because my banana bread consumption was getting out of hand.

Fresh, hot banana bread with a little butter...that's the way to start your day on a cold winter morning.

Your officially one of my top 10 favorite people in the universe, right between superman an Sheldon cooper
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#84mightygalactusPosted 11/14/2013 2:23:00 PM
PsychoGates posted...
protools1983 posted...
Yeomanly posted...
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/401072182748393472

This is awesome news, FREE games. :D

Well, you are paying $100 extra so......

Sorry you're so upset, has it been a rough week for you? :(

---
Stannis Baratheon is the one rightful King of Westeros.
#85AwayFromHerePosted 11/14/2013 2:24:24 PM
I kind of like how people are assuming it will be the same as it is on 360.

Why do they need more details if it is the same?

I guarantee this program on XBOne will be the exact same as PS+. Meaning that you won't keep the games if your Live subscription lapses.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#86HelloImNewHerePosted 11/14/2013 2:50:04 PM
The fact of the matter is that the free games you get with PS+ remain available to play as long as you pay for its subscription. Therefore those games are being rented. The free games you get with XBL become available to play forever, even after your subscription for it expires. Therefore you own those games. Anyone who argues that that isn't true needs to get a clue.
#87TMOGPosted 11/14/2013 2:58:24 PM
So, two things about PS+ games being rentals

1 - I can see where this argument would come from, considering you lose access to the games you got for free (not the ones you purchased on a discount, however) if you let your PS+ subscription lapse. However, if you're going to keep your PS+ subscription up at all times so you can play multiplayer on the PS4, then what exactly makes it different from the PS+ games being actually free?

2 - As stated earlier in the topic, you still retain access to all PS+ games in your download history, even if you let your subscription lapse; they're waiting for you to redownload them at no cost once you start up again, or if you have to delete them for more space. That said, I currently have access to roughly 200 games that I got "free" from PS+. At $50/year, this basically means I'm paying $4 and change every month to play 200 games, and this number just gets bigger and bigger every month. I'd argue that's a hell of a deal for a rental service.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#88HelloImNewHerePosted 11/14/2013 3:13:17 PM
TMOG posted...
So, two things about PS+ games being rentals

1 - I can see where this argument would come from, considering you lose access to the games you got for free (not the ones you purchased on a discount, however) if you let your PS+ subscription lapse. However, if you're going to keep your PS+ subscription up at all times so you can play multiplayer on the PS4, then what exactly makes it different from the PS+ games being actually free?

2 - As stated earlier in the topic, you still retain access to all PS+ games in your download history, even if you let your subscription lapse; they're waiting for you to redownload them at no cost once you start up again, or if you have to delete them for more space. That said, I currently have access to roughly 200 games that I got "free" from PS+. At $50/year, this basically means I'm paying $4 and change every month to play 200 games, and this number just gets bigger and bigger every month. I'd argue that's a hell of a deal for a rental service.

If you keep your PS+ subscription then obviously you get to continue having access to the games you got for free. That doesn't mean that they're not rentals however. It's not an argument on the quality of the deal, just that you need to keep up the subscription in order to retain access to those games.