Holy S*** Storm Batman IGN comments

#41SonyPonyTonyPosted 11/14/2013 3:11:25 PM
Sony has a hard enough time releasing reliable hardware without rushing it. They wanted to get their console launched so badly they rushed it, have no games ready to go with it yet, and now they're going to have to deal with unhappy customers and their bricks.

At least you won't have any trouble finding these in stores for the holidays, they're practically be giving them away. Can you say price cut? lol
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#42DojoMaxPosted 11/14/2013 3:12:57 PM
Halectic posted...

And the guy on twitch was a moron who actually broke his system, he removed the hard drive, while the system was still on

Why are there like 10 different story's floating around.
---
"VideoGame" fan. PSN: DojoMax Xbox: xShotz 101x formerly DojoMax IGB
#43PsychoGatesPosted 11/14/2013 3:13:38 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
PsychoGates posted...
Halectic posted...

He restarted it before doing the update it asked him to do, which caused it to stop working again. If it was a A/V problem, he would have never been able to get it into safe mode by taking out and putting in the HDD

Its an A/V problem due to the fact nothing appears on the screen... before and after he got it to work.

See the connection there?

Does this have to do with A/V problems too? notice how it just goes off, but I think it was overheating so it auto turned off for safety.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AjsL1kHEGfA&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Yeah that seemed like a regular faulty unit or overheating potentially due to environment, not quite the same as what has been widely reported lately.
#44FriedLemonPosted 11/14/2013 3:14:38 PM
PsychoGates posted...
FriedLemon posted...
I don't get why people are acting like this is such a big deal, electronics failures are so common that the accepted standard is roughly 10% for anything. The warranty is there for a reason, nevermind that this is the launch batch as well. This always happens and people are surprised somehow, just go look at PS2/Xbox/Wii and PS3/360/Wii U.

For all the MS fanboys just looking to dish dirt, like I've said before just bookmark this thread and in 1 weeks time epic lolz will be had.

I think the uproar is that major places like IGN and Kotaku got messed up units as well leading some to worry that it may be more widespread than just simply accepted standards.

There is also the fact that all the issues seem to be similar which would point to a faulty part or poor production/manufacturing

I'm just going to wait until official numbers can be presented, this always happens with console launches and it always repeats itself. I still don't understand why people don't just take it back, there's a warranty for a reason, though I can understand being a launch adopter that you'd be upset.
#45PsychoGatesPosted 11/14/2013 3:15:19 PM
Marqmax posted...
Halectic posted...

And the guy on twitch was a moron who actually broke his system, he removed the hard drive, while the system was still on

because people who never actually saw the stream love playing a game of "telephone" and spread their knowledge across the message boards
#46fanboymaycryPosted 11/15/2013 12:14:23 AM
It's clearly not a case of some trolls running rampant against the PS4. This is an alarming debacle to say the least. Let's see where things stand by the end of the weekend.

Seems clear that Sony rushed the PS4 to market in a real hurry. I wonder how XBone is going to do...
#47gogogodzillaPosted 11/16/2013 2:19:39 AM
Marqmax posted...
Halectic posted...

Because there are 40k posts over there, that's why.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"