My Xbox One Controller Thoughts

#1BTM4444Posted 11/14/2013 3:37:04 PM(edited)
Hey guys I know I made a topic earlier and you wanted my thoughts. I figured I would make a seperate topic with my thoughts and compare it to the 360 controller

D-Pad is a huge improvement. It feels like I'm pushing in buttons instead of having to pull in each direction on the 360 controller. It's a real light tap and it just feels so responsive

The triggers feel great also. I really like how what they did with widening it out. You can rest your fingers on the side instead of holding them on top of the 360 ones.

RB and LB feel great too. I don't know what they are called so ill call them that. They are also wider and really smooth and responsive.

Thumb sticks are smaller compared to the 360 ones but in a better way. They push down much easier and just feel much better than when I push the 360 ones. The movement of them is much smoother too. They move really easy around and snap back fast into center too.

Weight of it compared to the 360 is about the same. I think it my have a little edge.

Battery packs are different on this too. I know someone asked about it in another thread. The 360 battery pack is completely different than the Xbox one controller.

Overall the controller feels really great to hold. The curved sides in the back really give you a great feel and grip on the controller. I cannot wait to use this thing!

Any other questions feel free to ask as I have both controllers right by me!
#2BTM4444(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 4:56:22 PM
Bump for anyone that might have missed it
#3SVT52986Posted 11/14/2013 7:03:57 PM
Just picked mine up from Gamestop tonight and have mixed feelings after opening it and trying it out sort of. It feels very good in hand and I dont mind the smaller analog sticks. The d-pad while better than the original 360 one doesnt feel as good as my transforming d-pad to me. Give me some actual play time and that may change. Also and it may be that I am so used to the 360 controller but I dont really care for the shoulder buttons or triggers. The shoulder buttons are bigger but only seem responsive on the outer portion. Again they may be perfectly fine once I get some play time in. Triggers seem decent but i am not sure that i like that they are wider. I do love that the bulging battery pack is gone as that was my major gripe with the 360 wireless controller. I am positive though that after a little play time I will get used to the new controller and may feel different about the things i dont like now.
#4motoraptorPosted 11/14/2013 7:09:37 PM
If you're not picking up Forza I suggest you try the demo later on (if there is one). It uses the haptic feedback triggers (rumble in the triggers) really well I think.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif