Will Xbox One's launch night be as quiet as the PS4's launch night?

#1icewolf74Posted 11/14/2013 7:24:48 PM
Went into my Gamestop tonight to pick up my play-and-charge kit for my Xbox One controller that comes with my system with it launches next Friday, and noticed that there were 4 people waiting in line for their PS4 console at midnight, followed by 4 other people waiting outside Best Buy, a few doors down from the Gamestop, for their midnight launch. I seem to remember the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles having a crap load of people lining up, even camping with tents, chairs, propane stoves, laptop computers, etc for the entire day so they could obtain their console at midnight. Will the Xbox One's launch be as quiet as the PS4's launch?

Could it be that people are just losing interest in console gaming? I've been to most every launch day since the PSX back in 1995, and this generation just seems way too quiet with a lack of interest amongst gamers outside GameFAQs. Then again, I live in a small town with mostly SUV driving soccer families and diesel truck driving rednecks and that could have something to do with the lack of interest in the PS4 tonight as those two class of people are not generally gamers. If I lived in a big city or a college town, there might be a lot more people doing an all day line up for this console and the Xbox One come next Thursday night.
#2dylanbrandon286Posted 11/14/2013 7:25:32 PM
It will be quieter then this, because less people are interested in the One.
---
Japan: "wow nukes are so op. America so noob." Brokencandle
http://www.youtube.com/user/batista1229
#3tokenblackguy23Posted 11/14/2013 7:25:49 PM
dylanbrandon286 posted...

dat burn
---
Arsenal!!!!!
#4bessy67Posted 11/14/2013 7:26:41 PM
I saw about 15 at my Gamestop and about 10 at my Best Buy at 4pm. I thought that was pretty decent for my area (not a big city, but not the boonies either)
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#5khardboredPosted 11/14/2013 7:27:24 PM
I see it being pretty equal in terms of lines. But then again, a lot of people will be having it shipped.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#6motoraptorPosted 11/14/2013 7:38:56 PM
I pre-ordered and will most likely pick it up on the day of, so I'm +1 that's not contributing to the line
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#7IamAlegend2005Posted 11/14/2013 7:39:45 PM

nope. they heard about $ony and decided to go better with the one ;)
---
My signature is AWESOME!
#8jpraelsterPosted 11/14/2013 7:40:53 PM
IamAlegend2005 posted...

nope. they heard about $ony and decided to go better with the one ;)

I am getting my one for free I cant say sony is giving me a free console
#9Dr WhoopassPosted 11/14/2013 7:41:30 PM
My Gamestop is pretty busy. Also remember that many people will probably just show up at midnight or 11:30 to avoid standing out in the cold for no damn reason.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#10xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/14/2013 7:52:03 PM
Many people ordered online compared to this gen. It's not so much as quiet as people knowing that the only stock stores are getting are already pre ordered.
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12