Will Xbox One's launch night be as quiet as the PS4's launch night?

#21stalemate_666Posted 11/14/2013 10:41:07 PM
I think the evolution of internet and amazon means that it's not that less people are interested in consoles it's that less people are willing to wait in a line at midnight on a weekday when they can get it delivered to their home.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#22fanboymaycryPosted 11/15/2013 1:02:00 AM
What is with all the denial and insecurity on here from certain responders. The fact is, the PS4 just isn't having that great of a launch. Period.

The Xbox One doesn't seem like it will fare any better either.
#23Pinoy441Posted 11/15/2013 1:07:58 AM
fanboymaycry posted...
What is with all the denial and insecurity on here from certain responders. The fact is, the PS4 just isn't having that great of a launch. Period.

Its hilarious because its all because of the cable and right now until an actual report is done on the percentage it seems blown out of proportion.

The problem is with the HDMI cable or with people forcing the cable into the port on the PS4, which can easily be fixed by getting another third party cable for cheap.

Same thing will happen with the Xbone, something will get blown out of proportion (Because hopefully MS learned from the RROD situation, if not and they overlooked something just to try and keep the gap between console launches closer....)
---
*grabs popcorn*
#24KcrackPosted 11/15/2013 1:15:57 AM
fanboymaycry posted...

0.4% of PS4's currently out there now are experiencing problems. You do know that's less than half a percent, right?
#25AvirosbPosted 11/15/2013 1:26:10 AM
Once the Xbox One launches, people will cease to argue specs and exclusives,
and begin to argue which console is the least bork-prone.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#26SECRETSQUIRRRLPosted 11/15/2013 1:33:07 AM
icewolf74 posted...
Went into my Gamestop tonight to pick up my play-and-charge kit for my Xbox One controller that comes with my system with it launches next Friday, and noticed that there were 4 people waiting in line for their PS4 console at midnight, followed by 4 other people waiting outside Best Buy, a few doors down from the Gamestop, for their midnight launch. I seem to remember the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles having a crap load of people lining up, even camping with tents, chairs, propane stoves, laptop computers, etc for the entire day so they could obtain their console at midnight. Will the Xbox One's launch be as quiet as the PS4's launch?

Could it be that people are just losing interest in console gaming? I've been to most every launch day since the PSX back in 1995, and this generation just seems way too quiet with a lack of interest amongst gamers outside GameFAQs. Then again, I live in a small town with mostly SUV driving soccer families and diesel truck driving rednecks and that could have something to do with the lack of interest in the PS4 tonight as those two class of people are not generally gamers. If I lived in a big city or a college town, there might be a lot more people doing an all day line up for this console and the Xbox One come next Thursday night.

how much was the kit??
#27MacrossSpecialPosted 11/15/2013 3:05:24 AM
stalemate_666 posted...
I think the evolution of internet and amazon means that it's not that less people are interested in consoles it's that less people are willing to wait in a line at midnight on a weekday when they can get it delivered to their home.

I was thinking this, but then I remembered that I didn't know a single person who didn't have their 360 delivered.

I went right back to my PC after messing around with the crappy games it came with though. Maybe people are wise to launch titles.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#28murdokthegreatPosted 11/15/2013 3:33:10 AM
It's quiet because they're already sold out hours in advance. They started presales at 6 and when I got there at 7 there were none left and no people there