Bill for whatever?

#1DarkstaPosted 11/14/2013 11:08:09 PM
Hey guys, so a friend of mine does not want to get an Xbox 1. I already have the PS4, and like when the PS3 came out, I also bought an xbox 360.

She tells me that pretty much by signing onto the xbox, because they have your cc info (which microsoft already has for the xbox live service) that they can bill you for what ever, when ever. This seems odd to me and I am trying to figure out what they mean. I am not new to Microtransactions and am aware that "buying items in a game" can sometimes cost real life money, is this what she is reffering to, or am I missing something else?

As far as why I want to get both, why not? I play both my PS3 and Xbox 360 Equally, some games I just prefer on the other console due to the controller feel (I prefer racing games on the 360 for example).
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong
#2Dr WhoopassPosted 11/14/2013 11:11:11 PM(edited)
False. You can input your CC so you can buy stuff online easily, or you can opt not to, and you buy gift cards in the store to add money to your account.

In my 8 years on LIVE, I have never had any unwanted billing issues of any kind.

EDIT: clarified a bit
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#3bountyhunterS9Posted 11/14/2013 11:12:12 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
False. You can input your CC so you can buy stuff in the store easily, or you can opt not to, and you buy gift cards in the store to add money to your account.

In my 8 years on LIVE, I have never had any unwanted billing issues of any kind.

Seconded. They won't just decide to bill you for a game you didn't buy. To be safe though, don't put your credit card information in. Hackers are always trying to get your information and we all remember earlier they were successful when PSN was hacked.
#4Blazed UpPosted 11/14/2013 11:12:14 PM
Fortunately she has no idea what shes talking about.
---
XBL/PSN: BlAzNeT
#5jpraelsterPosted 11/14/2013 11:12:37 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
False. You can input your CC so you can buy stuff online easily, or you can opt not to, and you buy gift cards in the store to add money to your account.

EDIT: clarified a bit

This
#6drfirepantsPosted 11/14/2013 11:13:58 PM
They can't just bill you for whatever they want whenever they want. Plus dont even use your CC for live. Just go to amazon or other online retailer and order a card through them, it is always cheaper.
#7Dr WhoopassPosted 11/14/2013 11:16:48 PM
If you put your CC in, and buy stuff thru the LIVE marketplace, they even ask you like 5 times "ARE YOU SURE?!?"

The only automatic billing happens for your annual LIVE subscription renewal, and you can turn that off.

It's as safe as iTunes. PSN is equally safe and exactly the same.
---
#8jpraelsterPosted 11/14/2013 11:18:17 PM
bountyhunterS9 posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...
False. You can input your CC so you can buy stuff in the store easily, or you can opt not to, and you buy gift cards in the store to add money to your account.

Seconded. They won't just decide to bill you for a game you didn't buy. To be safe though, don't put your credit card information in. Hackers are always trying to get your information and we all remember earlier they were successful when PSN was hacked.

That was psn though
#9Darksta(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 11:30:41 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
If you put your CC in, and buy stuff thru the LIVE marketplace, they even ask you like 5 times "ARE YOU SURE?!?"

The only automatic billing happens for your annual LIVE subscription renewal, and you can turn that off.

Yeah thats how mine currently is and I have never had Microsoft bill me extra.

I am just trying to figure out what she's talking about. Was there a RUMOR that Microsoft would "secretly bill" or anything?
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong
#10Dr WhoopassPosted 11/14/2013 11:34:00 PM
Darksta posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...

Yeah thats how mine currently is and I have never had Microsoft bill me extra.

I am just trying to figure out what she's talking about. Was there a RUMOR that Microsoft would "secretly bill" or anything?

No, she's just a lying *****. Punch her in the uterus.
---