Yikes. I'm actually scared.

#1CooLJaY2kay4Posted 11/15/2013 12:34:36 AM
I'm about to cancel my Xbox. This PS4 launch is making me think the entire industry unnecessarily rushed its way into next gen.

There is so much life in the current consoles still. I'm feeling the ambition outweighed the technological capabilities. 2 or 3 more years would've been fine to me.
---
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own." - Solid Snake
#2PsychoGatesPosted 11/15/2013 12:35:56 AM
what have you seen regarding X1 that makes you think it'll have serious problems?
#3streamjumperPosted 11/15/2013 12:44:15 AM
Keep your preorder for now. As reviews come in you'll get a better sense of if there's an issue with the X1.

Remember: you can cancel your preorder any time before you actually pick up your system, but you may not be able to make a new one if you decide otherwise.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#4CooLJaY2kay4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 12:44:32 AM
Nothing about X1, just a vibe I've had since both consoles were unveiled. I know launches aren't ever perfect and it could just need another software update, but it made me think more seriously about next gen feeling rushed.
---
#5jpraelsterPosted 11/15/2013 12:46:18 AM
CooLJaY2kay4 posted...
Nothing about X1, just a vibe I've had since both consoles were unveiled. I know launches aren't ever perfect and it could just need another software update, but it made me think more seriously about next gen feeling rushed.

I would say its rushed but only by a year or two
#6badmanneilPosted 11/15/2013 12:51:53 AM
There is actually a lot of really cool dlc that just came out for The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. Sorry, they took waay too long to be released!
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas
#7GuyFawkes5Posted 11/15/2013 12:58:38 AM
PsychoGates posted...
what have you seen regarding X1 that makes you think it'll have serious problems?

I actually agree 100% with TC, I am not getting X1 nor PS4, but I do agree that it should have been a few more years. Also I also believe X1 WILL have issues on launch. PS3, 360 an NOW PS4 does. Seems inevitable really.

TC if your worried, do yourself the favor an wait. Diff system I know but my buddy JUST got his PS4 tonight at midnight an it already crapped out on him.
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.
#8CooLJaY2kay4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 2:01:07 AM
It's good to see some insight. I do have the Bioshock Infinite DLC and am waiting for TLoU DLC too. I've got so much more to play on 360 and PS3.

For PS3:
Beyond (replay story)
The Last of Us (replay and DLC)
Gran Turismo 5 and 6

For 360:
Burial at Sea
Batman Arkham Origins
GTA V (endless replay lol)
Tomb Raider (took me forever, was on my backlog)

I know that doesn't seem like many games, but nearly all of those games are a testament to how far this gen has come and how much potential it still has! I still play my older PS3/360 games too!
---