Xbox One Controller Impressions @ BestBuy

#1popping4itPosted 11/15/2013 12:11:39 AM
I went to bestbuy and they had a demo station (non playable) but the controllers were hooked up to it anyways and got to try it out.

and... the 360 controller is far superior

they use a much smoother plastic its matte but sorta falls out of your palms easier.

The analog sticks are slightly smaller and the resistance is much lower which means they may wear down faster.

the triggers feel good they depress super smoothly.

the bumpers are far worse because of the angle and shape of the controller its a bit cumbersome to hit the bumpers now and they have a cheaper clickiness to them.

the D-pad i wouldnt really consider an improvement either its really clicky with a small depression range, it doesnt seem very good for fighting games.

the controller is also alot smaller than what the pictures make it look its pretty close to the size of the 360 controller and the face buttons are similar.

overall pretty disappointing and can see why the majority of the press has been saying the ps4 controller is better. its like ms tried to fix what wasn't broke and didnt really fix the things that were :/
---
whens mahvel?
#2rosseelesPosted 11/15/2013 12:24:15 AM
I got to try it, and the ds4 and I'd have to say both are a massive improvement. I would agree slightly about the bumpers, I don't think they feel cheap but the 360 bumpers were better for me, I think it's just a case of getting used to it though.