Xbox LIVE to crash during launch?

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 11/15/2013 7:22:20 AM
It seems to be a trend for new tech to crash when thousands of users start to log into it's servers, so I ask fellow gamers what's your opinion on this when the Xbox One launches next Friday. Will Xbox Live have issues, will it require a few hours of maintenance or days? PSN is having issues due to high volume, Obama care site is still having issues, and Rockstar took what like a week? to get the online working properly.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#2KenhorouPosted 11/15/2013 7:23:49 AM
Yup, MS will have issues. I would be surprised if they didn't have issues. This is a common occurrence.
---
"COD: Be at the right place, at the right time"-Ragdoll47
QFT
#3xninjagrrlPosted 11/15/2013 7:26:01 AM
Seeing as how I couldnt play GTA online for the first week, I think this is going to be so very, very bad. I just hope it doesnt lead to bricked consoles. You get GTA yet Exodus? Or am I going to have to tempt the fates and put in that Payday disc?
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#4xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/15/2013 7:26:39 AM
Xbox Live isn't PSN. This is why we been paying them money for the past 7 years.
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#5Kenny_the_SharcPosted 11/15/2013 7:27:16 AM
Xbox has a vastly higher amount of severs, so it's less likely than the ps4. but still a very real possibility.
#6BigAl519Posted 11/15/2013 7:27:48 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Xbox Live isn't PSN. This is why we been paying them money for the past 7 years.

Are you really going to try and say Live wont have issues when everyone logs in at once to download the massive patch?

Someone get this guy some help, he has obviously lost it.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#7xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/15/2013 7:28:45 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
Seeing as how I couldnt play GTA online for the first week, I think this is going to be so very, very bad. I just hope it doesnt lead to bricked consoles. You get GTA yet Exodus? Or am I going to have to tempt the fates and put in that Payday disc?

This is on Rockstar not Microsoft
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#8DeadLock25Posted 11/15/2013 7:31:08 AM
Kenny_the_Sharc posted...
Xbox has a vastly higher amount of severs, so it's less likely than the ps4. but still a very real possibility.

Pretty much this.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#9khardboredPosted 11/15/2013 7:54:32 AM
I am concerned. It may not be possible due to software restrictions to be able to download the update before launch. That is my main concern, since we need it to play.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#10Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 7:54:49 AM
xninjagrrl posted...

Ha yeah I had it since launch, I pretty much stayed away from online from hearing how many trolls it had and the terrible connection. Does this mean we will finally play a match online? lol
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.