Xbox LIVE to crash during launch?

#11mrshowtime333Posted 11/15/2013 7:56:34 AM
Well probably. But we will see. Xbox has way more servers. And they own the servers and can scale accordingly. Sony rents all their servers which causes them to be slower to respond to problems like this.
#12Masterchief5525Posted 11/15/2013 7:56:38 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
Seeing as how I couldnt play GTA online for the first week, I think this is going to be so very, very bad. I just hope it doesnt lead to bricked consoles. You get GTA yet Exodus? Or am I going to have to tempt the fates and put in that Payday disc?

Those weren't MS servers they were all Rockstars, MS is used to having a ton of people on their servers.
#13Dev445Posted 11/15/2013 7:58:44 AM
DeadLock25 posted...
Kenny_the_Sharc posted...
Xbox has a vastly higher amount of severs, so it's less likely than the ps4. but still a very real possibility.

Pretty much this.

Yeah I'd say this too
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#14djwagonPosted 11/15/2013 8:22:09 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Well probably. But we will see. Xbox has way more servers. And they own the servers and can scale accordingly. Sony rents all their servers which causes them to be slower to respond to problems like this.

just curious here .but you have any real proof .that sony rents thier servers and Mircosoft owns their own servers
---
I used to go by importer1 .when i was here before
#15mrshowtime333Posted 11/15/2013 8:23:24 AM
djwagon posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...

just curious here .but you have any real proof .that sony rents thier servers and Mircosoft owns their own servers

Ill assume you arent serious.
#16bessy67Posted 11/15/2013 8:24:39 AM
It'll be interesting to see how the highly-touted 300,000 servers handles the strain. Hopefully MS put enough money where their mouth is.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#17EllesarienPosted 11/15/2013 8:25:54 AM
I am sure there will be some hiccups like every type of launch but it will be overblown to a ridiculous degree by people that have invested their own souls to multi-million dollar corporations.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#18bessy67Posted 11/15/2013 8:26:31 AM
djwagon posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...

I don't know about Sony (whether they rent or own) but MS most definitely owns their servers. Azure is one of the biggest (it could be the biggest) cloud networks in the world.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#19joshooa2012Posted 11/15/2013 8:27:58 AM
As long as its up long enough to download the initial mandatory patch. It would suck if we werent able to play at all...
#20sworderPosted 11/15/2013 8:30:07 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
djwagon posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...

Ill assume you arent serious.

Why don't you just provide a link?

Never have I read that Sony rented servers