I find the lack of Xbox One store demo units appalling

#1icewolf74Posted 11/15/2013 8:12:09 AM(edited)
I remember trying out the Xbox 360 a month prior to the console actually releasing at a Best Buy in Southern California. Here we are 1 week from launch and besides the Microsoft store, major retailer stores still do not have store demo units for consumers to try out and play for themselves. The only thing available are a video of games and the console itself running on what I presume is the console since they have it locked in a plastic case right under the TV running the video.

The same goes for Sony and the PS4; which after their launch of the console last night, major retailers still do not have demo units to allow consumers to try out too.

Why are Microsoft and Sony neglecting allowing people to try out their console before launch day unlike in the days of the past? Are they afraid of letting people try before they buy for fear the demo consoles will break or something? For all the crap Nintendo has gotten about the Wii U, at least they allowed people to try the console out and generate buzz with hands on experience with the console a couple of weeks before it released.

Other than Microsoft and Sony stores, has anyone been able to try out a demo unit at a local major retailer?
#2RollnThunder213Posted 11/15/2013 8:12:21 AM
So did you just completely forget about the whole Xbox One tour that went on for a month and a half and hit a ton of cities, thus allowing people to try out the console?
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3khardboredPosted 11/15/2013 8:13:47 AM
Sony was rumored to have bought out space at retailers and then just not used the space. Smart marketing sure, if not a little underhanded.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#4bessy67Posted 11/15/2013 8:16:32 AM
I don't really care that there aren't demo units out, since standing and playing for a couple minutes really doesn't tell you much about the system or games. I do wish they had demo controllers out so people could hold them and see how the feel though.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#5ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/15/2013 8:19:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6sworderPosted 11/15/2013 8:19:51 AM
so you want them to give thousands of consoles to retailers all around the world just so a few 12 year olds can hog the console and play them for hours?

nah, sell them to customers instead

they will eventually put them up when running out of stock isn't an issue. if you can't wait then that's on you
#7DamnEvilDogPosted 11/15/2013 8:32:54 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
It's not like anyone would want to play Xbone anyway...

You are just everywhere on this board today? no reason to go from topic to topic because you have no life and enjoy trying to make others irritated, but then again you are a fanboy, I suppose it is good at least that you can read and type... well that is subjective.
#8MRL3G3NDPosted 11/15/2013 9:28:13 AM
geez man.. I hate dumb ass responses to logical topics

TC is right, since forever they've always had demo's to new consoles out well before they hit the streets
I remember played super Mario world before super Nintendo came out, and I couldn't sleep for days after that.

It's inexcusable...the plain ole fact is that MS was dragged to the next gen kicking and screaming...so they had to rush it.

The 360 was well planned because they were losing the current gen, they needed a newer better product so they got started on it early and planned it out perfectly.

Sony was making all the money with PS2 so they were in no hurry which is why they were late to the market with the PS3. The PS2 continued to outsell the PS3 for a year or 2.

this time it's been switched, MS was making a killing with the 360, they successfully prolonged the generation with Kinect...but the threat of next gen was forced by sony because they were ready to start over...

this generation will be very dismal
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q