COD or BF4 at launch?

#1chuckboston2k3Posted 11/15/2013 8:11:32 AM
I have always played the COD franchise. While I am no gaming expert, I feel they are just fun to pick up and play. I usually play on MP.

But after seeing a lot of negative reviews, I am now on the fence.

I know BF4 offers a lot more, but I do not have a ton of time to put into games, so I don't know how I would stack up against the competition.

Also, after reading about a lot of BF PS4 launch issues, I am a little worried it was rushed out.

Any suggestions?
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: CallMeMrBrandt PSN: OptimusDad
#2dylanbrandon286Posted 11/15/2013 8:12:55 AM
COD if you're getting them for a console. For BF4, the PC is the superior choice in every way
---
Japan: "wow nukes are so op. America so noob." Brokencandle
http://www.youtube.com/user/batista1229
#3sworderPosted 11/15/2013 8:14:21 AM
Get BF4

People in BF suck just as much as on COD. I played BF3 for the first time when it was given free on PS+ and I usually ended up top 3 anyway
#4VRViperIIPosted 11/15/2013 8:17:13 AM
I just finished campaign on CoD 360 and it was a blast, but incredibly stupid. Can't wait to play it again on xbone.
---
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rheagar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Valar Morghulis
#5bessy67Posted 11/15/2013 8:18:58 AM
If I had to pick one for next-gen I'd pick BF4. 32v32 matches are going to be a blast. But honestly, they're different enough that you might as well get both if you can afford it.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#6chuckboston2k3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 8:21:03 AM
i can afford each, but I dont know about having the time to enjoy both.

The large scale MP is what has me leaning BF, but after reading about PS4 MP issues, I am a little less enthused now.

Hopefully it is just something EA is trying to get fixed.
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: CallMeMrBrandt PSN: OptimusDad
#7bessy67Posted 11/15/2013 8:22:20 AM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
i can afford each, but I dont know about having the time to enjoy both.

The large scale MP is what has me leaning BF, but after reading about PS4 MP issues, I am a little less enthused now.

Hopefully it is just something EA is trying to get fixed.

Battlefield is pretty much their bread and butter. They'll definitely be working hard on fixing bugs.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#8RollnThunder213Posted 11/15/2013 8:25:30 AM
If you still like playing CoD, then just pick that up.

You sound like you just want to jump in and start playing for short periods of time and have fun. CoD is made for that.

BF requires quite a bit of time invested just to understand if you've only played CoD before. Even then, games are long and require lots of team play and is better with friends.

CoD you can lone wolf it and still have fun.

The better overall experience IMO will be BF on next gen with 64 players and vehicles. CoD is still CoD but if that's the formula you really like stick with it.

Maybe rent BF3 for 360 or PS3 and see if you enjoy the game play after playing for for a while. bF4 (besides the expanded players) will essentially be BF3 with better graphics.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#9motoraptorPosted 11/15/2013 8:29:43 AM
I hear the BF servers are still f***ed up.

Anyway both games will serve me as filler until Titanfall and Destiny.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#10sworderPosted 11/15/2013 8:33:40 AM(edited)
RollnThunder213 posted...
BF requires quite a bit of time invested just to understand if you've only played CoD before. Even then, games are long and require lots of team play and is better with friends.

No it doesn't. That's why there are a multitude of game modes with multitude of options.

If you join a game with hundreds of lives, yes. There are still much smaller games.

Seriously, BF can be played in short bursts just like COD. Not only does 32v32 make matches much quicker than in current gen, you can still play in small sections of the big maps where they are just as small as COD maps