I really dont get you people....

#21Riverraider98(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 10:22:30 AM
Well its not just online. Its a pretty common attitude. I play fighting games at tournaments and have some pretty damn core friends who play league and basically shot me down when I told them I was buying an xbox 1.

If you knew me you wouldnt assume Im as core of a gamer as Ive been my whole life. Im a pretty handsome black guy who has always played sports, has a pretty vibrant social/romantic life, is in the army reserve. These particular friends are part o my schools ighting game club which I started and they pretty much lump me in with casual and look down on me because I dont like league and play FPS's even though i you'd look at my gt you would see a variety of games
---
- "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! Gt: RagnaRok RS 8
#22SlikkSterrPosted 11/15/2013 10:22:34 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Darklit_Psycho posted...
Quality over quantity. People who play CoD might be considered to be part of the gaming umbrella by you, but they're still the lowest common denominator and deserve to be shunned

Really? I've been gaming since 1979 and have enjoyed all types of games all my life. Everything from Pitfall on the Atari to Bioshock Infinite on the 360. I'm a gamer through and through who simply enjoys playing games that are fun. I didn't realize until I started coming here that I was less of a person because I enjoy playing Call of Duty. It's a great way for me to get a quick fix when I have a 15 minutes or more to spare. I compare it to the games of the old days that didn't require an hour or more of your time to get the most out of it in one sitting. It's just a fast paced action arcade experience that you can pick up and put down without thinking too much about it. Just because a lot of people who play it are fratboy dudebros and little 12 year old punks doesn't mean everyone is. I play what's fun and don't think anyone should be shunned for that.

Bagging on CoD is hipster for gamers. It's ridiculous, but they like to pretend they are superior and wouldn't think of playing any game while their pinky wasn't in the air
#23Juzten76Posted 11/15/2013 10:23:57 AM
SlikkSterr posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Darklit_Psycho posted...
Quality over quantity. People who play CoD might be considered to be part of the gaming umbrella by you, but they're still the lowest common denominator and deserve to be shunned

Really? I've been gaming since 1979 and have enjoyed all types of games all my life. Everything from Pitfall on the Atari to Bioshock Infinite on the 360. I'm a gamer through and through who simply enjoys playing games that are fun. I didn't realize until I started coming here that I was less of a person because I enjoy playing Call of Duty. It's a great way for me to get a quick fix when I have a 15 minutes or more to spare. I compare it to the games of the old days that didn't require an hour or more of your time to get the most out of it in one sitting. It's just a fast paced action arcade experience that you can pick up and put down without thinking too much about it. Just because a lot of people who play it are fratboy dudebros and little 12 year old punks doesn't mean everyone is. I play what's fun and don't think anyone should be shunned for that.

Bagging on CoD is hipster for gamers. It's ridiculous, but they like to pretend they are superior and wouldn't think of playing any game while their pinky wasn't in the air

I imagine them just sitting around playing indie games and drinking green tea with that pinky in the air.
#24SlikkSterrPosted 11/15/2013 10:32:54 AM
Juzten76 posted...
SlikkSterr posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Darklit_Psycho posted...

I imagine them just sitting around playing indie games and drinking green tea with that pinky in the air.

They all probably wear interesting hats too!
#25cheezedadadaPosted 11/15/2013 11:20:13 AM
Darklit_Psycho posted...

Oh dear lord. Why do people say stuff like this?
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#26assassin10133Posted 11/15/2013 11:34:31 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
What do you mean you people?

What do YOU mean, you people? :P
#27CapwnDPosted 11/15/2013 11:39:57 AM
Just ignore the douchebags who get on their soap boxes calling people casuals or whatever simply because they play a game that they don't like.

There's so many of these elitist douchebags out there, just be the better person and ignore them.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#28kakarot-uchihaPosted 11/15/2013 11:53:05 AM
regsantotomas posted...
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think gaming forums as a whole is indicative of the larger gaming community's prevalent attitude and behavior.

Unfortunately, when provided with an audience with the guise of anonymity, people can be quick to marginalize others for their personal choices and associated games & products. I wouldn't place much value in the vitriol found on this board.

thoughtful, but i think its wisdom that gives perspective, that removes the lines in the sand. for the internet, anonymity is insulation against marginalization. do you honestly not have family or co-workers, ex-friends where marginalization in person has had an accute effect on your life and relationships.

just a couple things where people are quick to marginalize and make inferrences. but because its not anonymous it can seriously affect our lives.

obamacare
tea-party
liberal
pro-lifer
climate change
intelligent design
moonbat XD

anonymity online is new, but it definitely lets people actually engage in with increasingly helpful input and their perspective on something polarizing can show common ground where they never would have put it on their facebook BECAUSE its not anonymous.
i've seen it work.

anyway, trying to remove anonymity shouldn't even be considered. theres senators and congressman who hate the internet, or you on it at least, quoted 'it's the worst thing that's ever happened', who are writing these bills that have IN REAL LIFE been voted on. internet 2, net neutrality, registration,buy a licence to upload, regulation. not a single time has a real-name system been approached without all these. anonymous e-bullies and n-words are scapegoats for a locked down net. i know the game informer editors mean well, but they simply haven't looked at the whole issue, where's it coming from, who wants it, and what actual changes would come trying to implement the monumentally unenforcable regulation. for something like that to be remotely accurate it wouldn't even be the internet anymore.

the good news, its going nowhere, look up mcAfee 'decentral'.
#29aheroafakePosted 11/15/2013 12:03:15 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
What do you mean you people?

---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |