History of Launch Line-ups. Just for fun.

#21HandGodPosted 11/15/2013 12:17:34 PM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
The PS2 launch line up will always be my favorite. Xbox wasn't too bad, but PS2 had a good variety of games at launch.

They were alright. I was a little jaded by being forced to do a package that included (I think) X-Squad and Armored Core 2, both of which I loathed, so my PS2 pretty much acted as a glorified DVD player for the time it spent waiting for the heavy hitters such as MGS2 and FFX to grace its disc tray. PS2 kind of missed that killer app. I was a lot more partial to the Dreamcast's launch line up, and I am, by no means, a Dreamcast fanboy.

But I think people get too worked up over launch line ups. Be it "the graphics don't look that much better!" when referring to "next"-gen ports, "there's no games!" when not every game leaves the same impact that Halo did back in the day or stressing over hardware faults with new technology... Yeah, welcome to your first launch, and if it's not your first launch, then shame on you for expecting something different.
#22Donuts_R_GoodPosted 11/15/2013 12:21:39 PM
All hail the king, Halo: CE.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#23LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/15/2013 12:21:43 PM
King Kong was a great launch title. Amazing graphics for the time and fun gameplay. Perfect Dark Zero was also a good, fun game but it was really a completely different game compared to the original.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#24CyborgTwentyPosted 11/15/2013 12:48:12 PM
Terrible.
#25SupaShig(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 2:34:31 PM
shads3055 posted...
look at all these games that xbox and xbox 360 and soon xbox one has at launch

and u see sony ps4 has 1 game and a bunch of multiplatform games which I think doesn't count.

so xbox wins again

Kindly don't post in here. This has been a very civil thread. Don't need fanboy any ranting. Both systems will be great after a year. Both systems have mediocre launches.
#26ILikesCheesePosted 11/15/2013 3:00:59 PM
bessy67 posted...
I'd say Forza has a darn good chance of being the first launch game to get a Metacritic average over 90 (or at least first over 90 for the consoles shown there)

I keep asking you to tell me what it is that you are smoking!

:D
---
Beware Microsoft's Annoying Defense Force And Nonsensical Brigade Of Yappy Salespeople!
#27ILikesCheesePosted 11/15/2013 3:05:15 PM
HandGod posted...
OhHeyltsYou posted...
The PS2 launch line up will always be my favorite. Xbox wasn't too bad, but PS2 had a good variety of games at launch.

They were alright. I was a little jaded by being forced to do a package that included (I think) X-Squad and Armored Core 2, both of which I loathed

How are Earth did you end up with that bundle? In my launch PS2 I had Tekken Tag and Timesplitters. I forget the third game.
---
Beware Microsoft's Annoying Defense Force And Nonsensical Brigade Of Yappy Salespeople!
#28HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/15/2013 3:49:27 PM
Tc you missed PGR3 off 360 launch.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#29HandGodPosted 11/15/2013 3:55:29 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
HandGod posted...
OhHeyltsYou posted...

They were alright. I was a little jaded by being forced to do a package that included (I think) X-Squad and Armored Core 2, both of which I loathed

How are Earth did you end up with that bundle? In my launch PS2 I had Tekken Tag and Timesplitters. I forget the third game.

It was a KB Toys bundle. It was a choice of accepting that to get my shiny new system, or wait. I put the DVD player to good use, so it wasn't a huge waste but, game-wise, I found myself retreating back to my Dreamcast and using the BC of the PS2 to play PSX games I missed.
#30ILikesCheesePosted 11/18/2013 1:36:20 PM
LOL. I think I got my PS2 at KB Toys too! I know it was definitely a toy store and not Toys R Us. So long ago....memory fades. Hadn't thought about that company in years.
---