Assassin's Creed 1080p on you know where, 900p on Xbox One

#51Bigdaddy422Posted 11/16/2013 4:57:53 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Shouldnt you Sony Fans be occupied with your choice of console instead of trolling here? You all are pretty pathetic, as if, we couldnt get a PS4 if we really wanted to?

Broke ass consoles.

I guess Knack and Octodad grew tiresome. Says alot when they dwell on this board when next gen started early for them. You wont find me on here once i get my xbox, unless its to discuss a game or to find buddies for bf4
#52MrImpatient35Posted 11/16/2013 5:05:51 PM
Call me skeptical, but I HIGHLY doubt a patch will boost the resolution..in any game, for any system. How can a patch be that powerful?
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, XFitness (1-Yr free), KI3 (F2P), Proj Spark
#53SolisPosted 11/17/2013 4:39:11 PM(edited)
MrImpatient35 posted...
Call me skeptical, but I HIGHLY doubt a patch will boost the resolution..in any game, for any system. How can a patch be that powerful?

Because a patch literally has to change 2 numbers in the code in order to alter the native resolution. The mod for the PC version of Dark Souls that added the ability to run at resolutions higher than 1024x720 (up to essentially infinite resolutions), freed the framerate from being locked at 30FPS, added ambient occlusion, and allowed you to modify the HUD size was in total less than half a megabyte.

Also, Ghostbusters on the PS3 had a patch that bumped the resolution up from 960x540 to 1024x576, and changed the antialiasing method from quincunx to 2x. Not all that significant, but clearly it shows that a patch can alter a game's native resolution and graphical settings.

Oh, and there were several patches for the PS3 that added 3D options, which completely changed the rendering format and how the image is created and output. That's a far more significant alteration than simply switching the native resolution would be.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#54ChargrilledPosted 11/17/2013 4:46:53 PM
Halectic posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Here we go.

http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-is-1080p-on-ps4-post-patch-900p-on-xbox-one?cid=rss

Earlier this morning Ubisoft broke news that the PlayStation 4 version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag will not be running in a native 1080p but rather 900p unscaled. This news was quickly followed up with the potential for a patch allowing the game to run at a true resolution.

There is a patch now on PSN that does the upgrade to native 1080p

The patch has been released?
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#55Golden MavenPosted 11/17/2013 5:18:58 PM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Shouldnt you Sony Fans be occupied with your choice of console instead of trolling here? You all are pretty pathetic, as if, we couldnt get a PS4 if we really wanted to?

Well looking at the PS4 launch lineup tells us all we need to know. I'm not surprised they come here to troll.
#56Juzten76Posted 11/17/2013 5:39:53 PM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Bigdaddy422 posted...

Broke ass consoles.

I guess Knack and Octodad grew tiresome. Says alot when they dwell on this board when next gen started early for them. You wont find me on here once i get my xbox, unless its to discuss a game or to find buddies for bf4

You aren't kidding. I especially won't be visiting the PS4 forum after getting the X1. Come to think of it, I don't visit it now.
#57assassin10133Posted 11/17/2013 6:05:01 PM
Solis posted...
JusticeSword posted...
Wonder how this will pan out long term, serious question, is any dev even using the ESram?

Every single developer that releases a game on the console is. Kinda hard to release a game that doesn't write a framebuffer.

They'll be using it but I don't know if they'll be using it to its fullest potential. I remember reading some devs saying it was a pain in the a** to code for and apparently MS' tools were not the greatest yet either, definitely behind Sony's in that regard. I think once MS gets their drivers and dev tools up to par and devs start to understand the setup better they'll close the gap on PS4 some. Not completely but at least a little.