Which preorder to take...Gamestop or Amazon...

#1segamaster316Posted 11/15/2013 11:53:47 AM
That is the question.

I'm #10 at my local Gamestop for the X1 and just got a call about being there by 6pm on Thursday to pay everything off and I have a Wii U that I want to trade towards it.

The other option is to wait for Amazon to ship it on Thursday night and pay the full price.

I don't really want to go ahead and cancel my Amazon preorder because anything can happen at Gamestop.

Hmmmm
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#2bessy67Posted 11/15/2013 12:07:36 PM
Keep both, sell one on ebay.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#31GATORFANPosted 11/15/2013 12:16:01 PM
Amazon has always been good to me that's what I'm doing
#4bunnyjoeyjrPosted 11/17/2013 8:33:07 AM
I had the same problem I went with Amazon so lets see what happens...
---
" Games will look better on PS4. But if you aren't into games, there is a weaker more expensive alternative....I kid I joke!"- My PSN GT Teamevilbunny
#5DrWho2000Posted 11/17/2013 8:46:50 AM
I had no issue with getting the PS4 on Amazon. I even applied gift cards to it later which some people inferred could cause issues and it didn't.
#6nickr2d2Posted 11/17/2013 8:48:25 AM
Amazon... I haven't liked dealing with Gamestop when it comes to consoles.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#7bunnyjoeyjrPosted 11/17/2013 8:49:14 AM
DrWho2000 posted...
I had no issue with getting the PS4 on Amazon. I even applied gift cards to it later which some people inferred could cause issues and it didn't.

So you got your PS4 on time huh, When did Amazon charge you? I had a PS4 preorder and I stuck with me Sony Store order instead.
---
" Games will look better on PS4. But if you aren't into games, there is a weaker more expensive alternative....I kid I joke!"- My PSN GT Teamevilbunny
#8DrWho2000Posted 11/17/2013 9:10:37 AM
bunnyjoeyjr posted...
DrWho2000 posted...

So you got your PS4 on time huh, When did Amazon charge you? I had a PS4 preorder and I stuck with me Sony Store order instead.

They shipped a day before it arrived. I live in NY. They didn't charge me on my credit card because by then I had payed off in full via gift cards, I'll probably have the X box One half payed off with gift cards. I have some cash back on my credit card so I usually buy gift cards with it and then apply the gift cards to my pre-orders.
#9bunnyjoeyjrPosted 11/17/2013 9:13:35 AM
DrWho2000 posted...
bunnyjoeyjr posted...
DrWho2000 posted...

They shipped a day before it arrived. I live in NY. They didn't charge me on my credit card because by then I had payed off in full via gift cards, I'll probably have the X box One half payed off with gift cards. I have some cash back on my credit card so I usually buy gift cards with it and then apply the gift cards to my pre-orders.

Thanks buddy I live in NYC also so they shipped it Thursday huh. Thats good cause I wasn't going to have money in my account till tomorrow midday so I should be fine. Thanks a lot!
---
#10DrWho2000Posted 11/17/2013 9:22:25 AM
bunnyjoeyjr posted...

Thanks buddy I live in NYC also so they shipped it Thursday huh. Thats good cause I wasn't going to have money in my account till tomorrow midday so I should be fine. Thanks a lot!

You should be okay. For a pre-order on Friday, the absolute earliest they will start to prepare for shipment is on Wed. from my experience. I'm in the Bronx so it should be a similiar experience. For the PS4, they didn't even start the process until Thursday.