Which preorder to take...Gamestop or Amazon...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which preorder to take...Gamestop or Amazon...
2 years ago#1
That is the question.

I'm #10 at my local Gamestop for the X1 and just got a call about being there by 6pm on Thursday to pay everything off and I have a Wii U that I want to trade towards it.

The other option is to wait for Amazon to ship it on Thursday night and pay the full price.

I don't really want to go ahead and cancel my Amazon preorder because anything can happen at Gamestop.

Hmmmm
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
2 years ago#2
Keep both, sell one on ebay.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
2 years ago#3
Amazon has always been good to me that's what I'm doing
2 years ago#4
I had the same problem I went with Amazon so lets see what happens...
---
" Games will look better on PS4. But if you aren't into games, there is a weaker more expensive alternative....I kid I joke!"- My PSN GT Teamevilbunny
2 years ago#5
I had no issue with getting the PS4 on Amazon. I even applied gift cards to it later which some people inferred could cause issues and it didn't.
2 years ago#6
Amazon... I haven't liked dealing with Gamestop when it comes to consoles.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
2 years ago#7
DrWho2000 posted...
I had no issue with getting the PS4 on Amazon. I even applied gift cards to it later which some people inferred could cause issues and it didn't.

So you got your PS4 on time huh, When did Amazon charge you? I had a PS4 preorder and I stuck with me Sony Store order instead.
---
" Games will look better on PS4. But if you aren't into games, there is a weaker more expensive alternative....I kid I joke!"- My PSN GT Teamevilbunny
2 years ago#8
bunnyjoeyjr posted...
DrWho2000 posted...

So you got your PS4 on time huh, When did Amazon charge you? I had a PS4 preorder and I stuck with me Sony Store order instead.

They shipped a day before it arrived. I live in NY. They didn't charge me on my credit card because by then I had payed off in full via gift cards, I'll probably have the X box One half payed off with gift cards. I have some cash back on my credit card so I usually buy gift cards with it and then apply the gift cards to my pre-orders.
2 years ago#9
DrWho2000 posted...
bunnyjoeyjr posted...
DrWho2000 posted...

They shipped a day before it arrived. I live in NY. They didn't charge me on my credit card because by then I had payed off in full via gift cards, I'll probably have the X box One half payed off with gift cards. I have some cash back on my credit card so I usually buy gift cards with it and then apply the gift cards to my pre-orders.

Thanks buddy I live in NYC also so they shipped it Thursday huh. Thats good cause I wasn't going to have money in my account till tomorrow midday so I should be fine. Thanks a lot!
---
2 years ago#10
bunnyjoeyjr posted...

Thanks buddy I live in NYC also so they shipped it Thursday huh. Thats good cause I wasn't going to have money in my account till tomorrow midday so I should be fine. Thanks a lot!

You should be okay. For a pre-order on Friday, the absolute earliest they will start to prepare for shipment is on Wed. from my experience. I'm in the Bronx so it should be a similiar experience. For the PS4, they didn't even start the process until Thursday.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which preorder to take...Gamestop or Amazon...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived