Killer Instinct is the best launch game this year across both new consoles

#1Dev0311Posted 11/15/2013 12:31:58 PM
My goodness, aren't you all tired of playing the same shooters - apocalyptic, space age, historical, whatever. Isn't this genre so old and tired by now? Modern shooters are becoming so cookie cutter predictable that they're all starting to melt together and become indistinguishable from each other.

That's why I'm glad Killer Instinct is here like a breath of fresh air. I'm just so sick of seeing shooters dominate with the same boring photorealistic worlds and over the top explosions. Those games are overdone and need to stop coming out so frequently. That's my piece.
---
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...
#2shads3055Posted 11/15/2013 12:34:25 PM
u forgot dead rising 3, ryse and forza 5 as well
#3DelRowePosted 11/15/2013 12:38:05 PM
shads3055 posted...

Those are all shooters. Dead Rising 3 is obvious, since you shoot guns. In Ryse, you shoot spears. In Forza, you shoot cars forward really fast.
---
You are not in control.
#4badmanneilPosted 11/15/2013 12:56:58 PM
shads3055 posted...

I just hope Ryse doesnt turn out to be like Knack. This would be a huge let down
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas
#5Samman123Posted 11/15/2013 1:04:18 PM
Super Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD win.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m695gfTxCZ1r06evx.gif
#6magxPosted 11/15/2013 1:07:25 PM
Dev0311 posted...
My goodness, aren't you all tired of playing the same shooters - apocalyptic, space age, historical, whatever. Isn't this genre so old and tired by now? Modern shooters are becoming so cookie cutter predictable that they're all starting to melt together and become indistinguishable from each other.

That's why I'm glad Killer Instinct is here like a breath of fresh air. I'm just so sick of seeing shooters dominate with the same boring photorealistic worlds and over the top explosions. Those games are overdone and need to stop coming out so frequently. That's my piece.

People buy them and get lots of enjoyment from playing them, so for you to say they need to make less of them is insanely self centred of you. If you don't like them, don't play them. And btw, let's not pretend there's no homogeneity in the fighter genre, because there is, and has been at different times in video game history. It's not just shooters.
---
http://www.marioslastname.com/ http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!
#7Ninja_GaignunPosted 11/15/2013 1:14:47 PM
DelRowe posted...
shads3055 posted...

Those are all shooters. Dead Rising 3 is obvious, since you shoot guns. In Ryse, you shoot spears. In Forza, you shoot cars forward really fast.

You can also fire projectiles in Killer Instincts.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#8khardboredPosted 11/15/2013 1:20:54 PM
And fighting games are just too damned boring. Kick, ah punch, it's all in your mind! :P
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#9Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 3:17:02 PM
magx posted...
Dev0311 posted...

People buy them and get lots of enjoyment from playing them, so for you to say they need to make less of them is insanely self centred of you. If you don't like them, don't play them. And btw, let's not pretend there's no homogeneity in the fighter genre, because there is, and has been at different times in video game history. It's not just shooters.

I get that, but I'm just saying aren't people getting tired of the same genre all the time? I look at screenshots of these games and it's always the same character yielding a big ass gun running around some gritty environment. The gunfire and yelling is like nails down a chalkboard to me.

Fighting games at least have unique gameplay mechanics, characters and locales. And we don't get swamped by piles and piles of them.
---
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...
#10Dr WhoopassPosted 11/15/2013 3:21:00 PM
yes, because fighting games aren't painfully ubiquitous these days either -_-

Good thing I'm not a genre elitist and I enjoy both forms of mindless violence.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N