PS4 launch has me convinced

#1FlyinTonitePosted 11/15/2013 11:44:51 AM
Right now, the xbox one (even at 500) is a better buy. The launch games on the ps4 are nothing special, and in the immediate future, I enjoy the outlook of the ps4, but I think in the first year the xbox one is going to be my system of choice.

Quick question for the xbox fans, how much weaker is the one to the ps4? Just curious, I'm a pc gamer so I really don't care a ton, but I would definitely like to know. Ghosts at just 720p and looking like THAT (crap imo) is a little worrisome.

What games would you recommend at launch? Do you think ryse is going to be good?
---
Wonderful 101: A game where you fight people with people.
#2SigarmzPosted 11/15/2013 11:48:26 AM
pro tip: cod looks bad on every system including pc.
#3eLiTeRiChxUKPosted 11/15/2013 11:50:25 AM
720p so it runs clean clear and smooth... 1080p on PS4 and is choppy as hell
---
GT: One Called Rich
#4Err0r 718Posted 11/15/2013 11:53:16 AM
Ryse when I first seen it didn't look to good but now its looking great imho. I can't wait to play it.

Its never been about the power of a console for me its about the games and ms has the best line up, again imho at the moment. I would defo pick ryse up if you get an xbox one.
#5IMProdiGYPosted 11/15/2013 11:53:27 AM
I was getting X1 even b4 the turn around. Anyway why do people think COD is not a good looking game? The game looks very good even if the engine is outdated. Honestly the detail is there and if it works why fix it at the moment.

People see BF and Crysis and love to rip the engine of COD. I just don't get it. Mario is still being played and it has basically been the same game since MB3.
---
gl hf
#6RedSox342Posted 11/15/2013 11:55:27 AM
You say that the games on xbone are better before they have even been released? Lol
---
Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas.
#7badmanneilPosted 11/15/2013 11:55:54 AM
Yea i am not impressed with the ps4 launch lineup. Initially i was looking forward to Knack, but the game turned out to be a disaster. I also dont really care for killzone.

With the one i love the tv integration, i think that the voice controls with kinect is highly underrated. Often ill be watching tv waiting for a friend to jump on and ill have to constantly swith back and forth between inputs to see if my friend is online or sent me an inv. With One i will never have to worry about this again.

Sorry but I are more about a total experience than just games!
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas
#8PsychoGatesPosted 11/15/2013 11:56:16 AM
I've been playing around with the system for a bit since my brother had it preordered at BB and honestly I'm not impressed, feels just like PS3 a little more fluid, and the lack of games is a killer.

Glad I kept my x1 preorder
#9archibald3Posted 11/15/2013 12:00:08 PM
Well the interesting thing was it turned out Ghosts was running 720p on both systems !! All those side by side comparisons where people [ including reviewers] were giving the edge to the playstation was just the power of suggestion. Kind of shows you that people really dont know what they`re talking about.
On a side note i think you`ll find Microsoft tweaking the amount of resources dedicated to other processes to maximize the gaming experience if developers cant rap their heads around the new architecture - although i think they will and things will pretty much even out in that department..
#10InterzoneMantraPosted 11/15/2013 12:07:10 PM
archibald3 posted...
Well the interesting thing was it turned out Ghosts was running 720p on both systems !! All those side by side comparisons where people [ including reviewers] were giving the edge to the playstation was just the power of suggestion. Kind of shows you that people really dont know what they`re talking about.
On a side note i think you`ll find Microsoft tweaking the amount of resources dedicated to other processes to maximize the gaming experience if developers cant rap their heads around the new architecture - although i think they will and things will pretty much even out in that department..

Ghost will get a patch to run at 1080p on the ps4. Not sure why they shipped it with a 720p resolution.