so do consoles usually have major problems

#1Hidan623Posted 11/15/2013 1:38:28 PM
on release, because after seeing the ps4 board i'm wondering how xbox will go next week. I'm getting on day one tho i'm just wondering if it's just sony being lazy with the system, or rushing it or whatever idkkk......but when i got the wii u other than the massive first update that bricked your console if you stopped while it was in progress it ran perfectly just lacked games! same with the original wii i never had a problem with either of those systems on launch, is nintendo just better or could it be the way the postal service handles the devices i mean they are in the back of a truck rolling around banging and not to mention i'm sure employees aren't careful when they take them off the trucks, i know at my job they just throw things around even if the box says fragile they will throw it on the floor.
#2HalecticPosted 11/15/2013 1:46:34 PM
Every console on launch has problems.

in terms of the PS4 it is not near the problem the Wii U and Xbox 360 had
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#3Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 1:47:50 PM
Halectic posted...

What did the wii u have?? maybe i just got lucky with mine cuz i've had mine since launch and it hasn't given me a single problem doesn't even over heart and freeze
#4HalecticPosted 11/15/2013 1:50:30 PM
Hidan623 posted...
Halectic posted...

What did the wii u have?? maybe i just got lucky with mine cuz i've had mine since launch and it hasn't given me a single problem doesn't even over heart and freeze

The Wii U day one update installed at the same time it was downloading, so if your internet interrupted it would brick the console.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#5rvnenderPosted 11/15/2013 1:50:31 PM
Hidan623 posted...
Halectic posted...

The day one patch took forever to download, because Nintendo under estimated the amount of people who would be online to download it.

WiiU also has no games out. Most of the games are first party, and its just typical Mario games. Most of the 3rd party games are ports.

Yes, they're getting better. But its been a rough few years for them.
---
"Not everybody has tube TVs without input lag. Tube TVs now banned online" -Maverick_McCain in reply to why turbo is frowned upon
#6Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 1:52:59 PM
rvnender posted...
Hidan623 posted...
Halectic posted...

The day one patch took forever to download, because Nintendo under estimated the amount of people who would be online to download it.

WiiU also has no games out. Most of the games are first party, and its just typical Mario games. Most of the 3rd party games are ports.

Yes, they're getting better. But its been a rough few years for them.

Well i mentioned the patch in my original post.....and those points have nothing to do with software and hardware malfunction that's what I was talking about! The ps4 supposedly has been having error codes for playing games kicking people out of digital games and stuff did wii u have anything like that at all? And not trolling i'm literally just asking
#7bridog346Posted 11/15/2013 3:04:46 PM
Anyone remember when consoles had to work right out of the box because there was no updates.
---
"Funny little human brains, how do you get around in those things?"
#8TreGoodaPosted 11/15/2013 3:11:46 PM
bridog346 posted...
Anyone remember when consoles had to work right out of the box because there was no updates.

Yeah, I remember having to do research using an encyclopedia too. Boy, encyclopedias are so much better than the internet.

Stupid updating making things run smoother and adding new features is totally bogus unless the system works straight out of the box.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#9bigjnycPosted 11/15/2013 4:23:12 PM
My advice wait 6 months to a year. After 6 months most issues are found and taken care of and really there really isn't that many games at launch at anyway. As far as updates its never a good idea to shut down a device during an update, hopefully the internet or power doesn't go down. Also usually with updates I try not to down load them right away because at the same time your hitting that server there are thousands of other people hitting them at the same time.
---
You can get me on XBL and Mii Verse as bigJnyc...feel free to add me
#10bridog346Posted 11/15/2013 4:26:01 PM
TreGooda posted...
bridog346 posted...

Yeah, I remember having to do research using an encyclopedia too. Boy, encyclopedias are so much better than the internet.

Stupid updating making things run smoother and adding new features is totally bogus unless the system works straight out of the box.

Damn did a bird crap in your mouth today or something
---
"Funny little human brains, how do you get around in those things?"