Xbox One Can See Through Your Clothes Like TSA Scanners (article)

#11rocklobtserPosted 11/15/2013 5:22:39 PM
dong?
---
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3301/dc909217f6c3033f5b6ce5d.png
#12DeadLock25Posted 11/15/2013 5:22:53 PM
Yes, all the perverts are...
1. Somehow able to gain unauthorized access to XBL network
2. Doing so in order to look at terrible quality topographical images of bulges and creases on someones pants
3. Somehow getting these images despite them not being stored anywhere at all...
4. Doing this instead of going to hundreds of other terrible websites that offer much worse things than they can ever dig up from the nonexistent data from the Kinect.

The most pathetic thing is the title, which is completely irrelevant and ignorant and is never mentioned or explained in the article. How exactly does the Kinect see through clothes like the TSA? Does it have an X-ray emitter that we somehow don't know about and MS just stuck in there without any safety label? The whole article is "look at what this guy hacked" as if anyone with above average IQ isnt capable of realizing that nothing is hackproof unless it does not have a wireless transmitter.

To those concerned about this and/or taking the above site seriously, I have a Nigerian prince I would like you to meet who has a great business opportunity for you...
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#13181stCommanderPosted 11/15/2013 5:23:38 PM
PsychoGates posted...
Linking a conspiracy site, really?

Alex Jones has been saying what Snowden said for years and people didn't want to believe him.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#14dejavu1982Posted 11/15/2013 5:32:35 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
2. Doing so in order to look at terrible quality topographical images of bulges and creases on someones pants
3. Somehow getting these images despite them not being stored anywhere at all...
4. Doing this instead of going to hundreds of other terrible websites that offer much worse things than they can ever dig up from the nonexistent data from the Kinect.

The most pathetic thing is the title, which is completely irrelevant and ignorant and is never mentioned or explained in the article. How exactly does the Kinect see through clothes like the TSA? Does it have an X-ray emitter that we somehow don't know about and MS just stuck in there without any safety label? The whole article is "look at what this guy hacked" as if anyone with above average IQ isnt capable of realizing that nothing is hackproof unless it does not have a wireless transmitter.

To those concerned about this and/or taking the above site seriously, I have a Nigerian prince I would like you to meet who has a great business opportunity for you...

This so much lol
#15Strider1850Posted 11/15/2013 5:35:29 PM
181stCommander posted...
PsychoGates posted...
Linking a conspiracy site, really?

Alex Jones has been saying what Snowden said for years and people didn't want to believe him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2w2TRxSLxw

This guy cracks me up.
#16stekim40Posted 11/15/2013 5:37:06 PM
I knew from day one this kinect would be a joke and a security risk in my home.

Seems I was right. The sad thing is I love my 360 and would buy the Xbox one if there was a kinect free version available.

I wonder how many sales they will lose because of the kinect.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#17googlerPosted 11/15/2013 5:54:42 PM
DeadLock25 posted...

Because private contractors or people from the government have never abused all these new spy toys right?...
http://elitedaily.com/news/world/tsa-agent-reveals-fun-passengers-naked-body-scans/

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/29300568/TSA-agent-to-hot-passenger-with-sex-toy--get-ya-freak-on.aspx

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/tsa-worker-arrested-jokes-fight-size-genitalia/

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_27/NSA-s-love-affair-employees-spied-on-girlfriends-spouses-husbands-lovers-4493/

It doesn't even take hacking, when people have instant access to whatever they want, no warrant needed all at their discretion and this is all only of the most superficial aspect of the argument. If somebody did hack the device on their own to do it, do you really think Microsoft wouldn't already implement that on their own accord?
Your "Nigerian prince" joke goes both ways if you want to be in denial about it
#18HiddenRoarPosted 11/15/2013 6:09:59 PM
DeadLock25 posted...

But what about the infinite power of the cloud?

X1 can't even store video how sad
#19DeadLock25Posted 11/15/2013 6:38:16 PM(edited)
googler posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

Because private contractors or people from the government have never abused all these new spy toys right?...
http://elitedaily.com/news/world/tsa-agent-reveals-fun-passengers-naked-body-scans/

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/29300568/TSA-agent-to-hot-passenger-with-sex-toy--get-ya-freak-on.aspx

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/tsa-worker-arrested-jokes-fight-size-genitalia/

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_27/NSA-s-love-affair-employees-spied-on-girlfriends-spouses-husbands-lovers-4493/

It doesn't even take hacking, when people have instant access to whatever they want, no warrant needed all at their discretion and this is all only of the most superficial aspect of the argument. If somebody did hack the device on their own to do it, do you really think Microsoft wouldn't already implement that on their own accord?
Your "Nigerian prince" joke goes both ways if you want to be in denial about it

What does all that have to do with Kinect and perverts? He said it can see through clothes like TSA. I DID NOT deny the fact that TSA can see through your clothes, I said the Kinect cannot, which is true. Or did you not read anything I wrote and simply take offense because you are stupid enough to believe a pervert would waste time hacking into XBL to see a topographical bulge on your pants?

So again I say, if you honestly believe anything that article said in regards to Kinect seeing through your clothes or becoming a play ground for child predators, I can get that Prince on the line for you. Notice how I said nothing about MS doing something with the data (lets just ignore the fact that they said they dont store any data from Kinect, that you can turn it off, or just unplug it altogether), which is irrelevant to this convo because the article title and my point/post does not address it.

I was addressing the title of the article and TC title. Please read before you make idiotic and irrelevant posts. I do not deny NSA spying or TSA seeing through your clothes. If you managed to somehow infer that from my reply, I can also get the prince to throw in some english lessons.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#20kakarot-uchihaPosted 11/15/2013 6:45:05 PM
T.C. that being said ms hasn't said kinnect emits/recieve terahertz like chertoffs scanners. and i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt ms would put that in kinnect, cause you know, terahertz are microwaves. you can see how that might lead to a hiccup for the stock next year when everyones dead and dying.

but yes kinnect 'sees' at the same level the affectiva bracelets detect and beyond. kinnects infrared is sensitive enough for seeing veins, wrinkles, and blushing. it sees you 'naked' (kind of a washed out night-vision version)and compiles that with the algorithm. you can check out that one part of what what kinnect sees right from ms. combine that with the rest of the spectrum it compiles and you get everyone naked. its even simpler than the nude skyrim mods.

now, what kinnect sends after it 'sees' is the values from the algorithm. that could absolutely be harmless. i'm hesitant, ms said they give developers real time access to every kinnect playing their game, so they can see what parts jumped you or how you play some motion aspect so they can get it right. if everyone sees just the visible spectrum and only the cpu sees the full range than i would say thats a bit safer.

that stupid spoon-fed argument 'no one wants to see you in your boxers, let em watch' you're right, you in your boxers is worth nothing, you pleasuring yourself is worth pennies per month. but there is something worth a ton.

i hope there is so many redundant checks to shut kinnect off when you're 14 yr old is watching softcore on netflix let alone... but if not... all you guys were right : ) youre not a criminal, the nsa isn't watching yoouuuu so it's fine to let all that just sit on ms servers. you're not shy, you've got no tin foil hat so youre happy to let anyone see your wife and kids drop em. run-of-the-mill hackers are the biggest conspiracy theory since identity theft. it simply isn't real.

look sarcasm aside, naked algorithms aside, just take photo and employees, seriously. no nsa. none of that. just face value above board, it is nothing for programming to tie anything like small joint manipulation or increased blood flow/temperatures to the strings that do 'xbox on, xbox halo' and start sending it anwhere the dev wants, its nothing. it is exactly the same to connect like how long and at what parts of ads you look at. i hope there is massive redundant checks but we're asked to trust every employee of every developer working software. trust that not one person in all of ms, gaming, hacking, spying/protecting is greedy or disgruntled, sick in the head and not selling subscription access. every game, every app won't have any back door "Oh, who's online"

it's not even far fetched.

but honestly i hope its fine, ms doesn't want it on their servers, just PLEASE every one use common sense, cover it or unplug when appropriate.