As someone with an Xbox preference , the PS4 hardware problems is worrying

#1chickabumpbumpPosted 11/15/2013 5:22:07 PM
Now I WILL get both consoles, im a gamer, I have worked in the industry buttttt I rarely see the sense in getting machines on day One. I am getting an xbox one next week but my PS4 probably next year.

Seeing alot of HARDWARE failures for a Sony product is VERY worrying because Sony do good hardware and Microsoft do good software. Its the things those companies are best at, I always joke about if they did come together it would be amazing.

But as I said since Microsoft never do hardware and Sony have done for years and years and the PS4 is showing ( what looks like ) a strong number of problems. Its very worrying.
#2Jedi454Posted 11/15/2013 5:33:14 PM
Relax mate, they'll fix any issues with their consoles. They look like they're more well built in comparison to last generation with the RROD and YLOD.
---
Xbox One Day One Edition √
#3Sin_Angelus_Posted 11/15/2013 5:36:32 PM
chickabumpbump posted...
Sony do good hardware

They really don't though, all of their consoles have had some pretty bad problems, it's just usually overshadowed by RROD. At least we know MS will probably replace the consoles for free if there's widespread issues though.
#4HorridhalPosted 11/15/2013 5:40:15 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
Sony do good hardware

They really don't though, all of their consoles have had some pretty bad problems, it's just usually overshadowed by RROD. At least we know MS will probably replace the consoles for free if there's widespread issues though.

I'm sorry, but please explain the mechanical or physical problem associated with the launch PS3 fatboy. Mine has been running since launch day.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#5enigma2274Posted 11/15/2013 5:40:43 PM
My PS4 works perfectly. I wouldn't worry. Sounds more like isolated incidents to me.
---
Playing: Killzone Shadowfall, Knack, AC4
PSN ID: enigma2288
#6Masterchief5525Posted 11/15/2013 5:46:03 PM
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
Sony do good hardware

I'm sorry, but please explain the mechanical or physical problem associated with the launch PS3 fatboy. Mine has been running since launch day.

Color me surprised since everyone I know has replaced their launch ps3 at least once.
#7richboy900Posted 11/15/2013 5:48:34 PM
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
Sony do good hardware

I had launch ps3, sadly it got ylod (although it was like a whole year later), and then blu ray drive problems not long after that. Hasn't gone wrong since.

Only console I've had with 100% reliability with is the original Xbox. I got it back out the loft and played it last month and it still works fine. Its been sitting in loft for 6 years :o
#8carljenkPosted 11/15/2013 5:49:55 PM
As someone with a huge PS4 preference the PS4 hardware problems are worrying me as well. Strongly second guessing purchasing a PS4 right now... At least until they sort their **** out.
#9rocklobtserPosted 11/15/2013 5:50:53 PM
GREAT post
---
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3301/dc909217f6c3033f5b6ce5d.png
#10HorridhalPosted 11/15/2013 5:52:49 PM
richboy900 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
Sony do good hardware

I had launch ps3, sadly it got ylod (although it was like a whole year later), and then blu ray drive problems not long after that. Hasn't gone wrong since.

Only console I've had with 100% reliability with is the original Xbox. I got it back out the loft and played it last month and it still works fine. Its been sitting in loft for 6 years :o

To be honest I still have my ps1(working), ps2(working), N64(working), Super NES(working), Genesis(working), and a Dreamcast that has cratered.

The ps1 I bought at launch(first system I paid for myself), ditto the ps2 and ps3 and I've never had a problem. I didn't get any of the problems when I started my ps4 that other people reported either.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.