As someone with an Xbox preference , the PS4 hardware problems is worrying

#11coldwinePosted 11/15/2013 5:11:03 PM
enigma2274 posted...
My PS4 works perfectly. I wouldn't worry. Sounds more like isolated incidents to me.

Yeah this negative stuff always happens, I would definitely buy one if you're interested.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#12khardboredPosted 11/15/2013 5:15:21 PM
I am surprised this is coming from someone who has worked in the gaming industry.
A person would assume that someone in the industry would be able to form their own educated decision based on numerous existing factors. FaqBlog not being one of those factors.

Also, saying that Microsoft "never does hardware" is a bit misleading, at best. Not to mention that it is entirely too early to gauge the PS4 launch. It's a madhouse at the moment with people running around screaming about pieces of the sky landing on their heads. The HDMI/firmware issue seem to be rather isolated, if not one in the same problem. But yeah, there is a metric crap ton of information at your fingertips to help you make a decision. Utilize it.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#13assassin10133Posted 11/15/2013 5:16:17 PM
coldwine posted...
enigma2274 posted...
My PS4 works perfectly. I wouldn't worry. Sounds more like isolated incidents to me.

Yeah this negative stuff always happens, I would definitely buy one if you're interested.

I was thinking the same thing, seems like isolated incidents and not one particular issue that pops up so doesn't look like a major hardware issue at all. Unfortunately with a massive launch like this involving electronics there are usually bound to be some problems for some unlucky buyers.
#14carryonifucanPosted 11/15/2013 5:17:29 PM
chickabumpbump posted...
I rarely see the sense in getting machines on day One. I am getting an xbox one next week but my PS4 probably next year.

Says not to get consoles at launch, but proclaims getting X1 at launch.

Contradict much?
#15khardboredPosted 11/15/2013 5:19:36 PM
carryonifucan posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
I rarely see the sense in getting machines on day One. I am getting an xbox one next week but my PS4 probably next year.

Contradict much?

He/she said rarely. This could be one of those rare times. It was not a contradiction. Had the TC said "I never get a console at launch. I am getting an X1 at launch." then yes, contradiction. But the word rarely needs to acknowledged.
---
#16chickabumpbump(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 5:20:37 PM
carryonifucan posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Contradict much?

haha I know! But with the amount of friends getting it day one and me being SUCH a big battlefield fan. 64 players online , kinect 2 interesting me so much. yeah! I had to, honestly tho the console isnt costing me anything at all. I have 700 on gift cards from trading games in, buying cheap selling high. I was lucky to win a halo 4 360 as well so I sold that
#17khardboredPosted 11/15/2013 7:35:32 PM
It seems that this generation has come down to Pixels Vs Features.

The PS4 has/will have better visuals while the Xone will not be far behind in the visuals it will also have quite a bit more in the feature and innovation department. The Kinect 2.0 by itself has the chance to really change things up this time around. IF developers spend the time to utilize it.

Also, I do feel that Sony has always brought the better exclusive titles. Just my opinion.

My advice would be to pick up and Xbox One and if finances allow, a PS4 down the road.
Whatever console you decide, be as sure as you can or have a backup system you can rely on if you end up with any regrets.
---
#18EndgamePosted 11/15/2013 8:00:18 PM
Seeing alot of HARDWARE failures for a Sony product is VERY worrying because Sony do good hardware

I've never encountered a perfectly functional original model PS2

and believe me, I've encountered plenty of them
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#19HorridhalPosted 11/15/2013 11:01:06 PM
Endgame posted...
Seeing alot of HARDWARE failures for a Sony product is VERY worrying because Sony do good hardware

I've never encountered a perfectly functional original model PS2

and believe me, I've encountered plenty of them

As I said previously, mine works fine.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#20plus1zeroPosted 11/15/2013 11:07:01 PM
From what people have said there was a plant they contracted that made some pretty busted up systems.

Mine has the pulsating blue light. It's not BS and Sony said they'd had a lot of calls with that, but the thing is there will be failures with anything. Your chances of getting one busted is not extremely high, but it's there. I'd suggest purchasing from a store so you can get a refund or replacement easily.