Will the new Forza game finally be as good as PGR?

#11skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 8:10:49 PM
HUI posted...
skermac posted...
I hope so

I hope so too. Nothing tops the MSR/PGR series. Except for maybe the Wipeout series, at times. But on the whole, PGR is the best there ever was.

yep!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#12ReDaZnDraGoN97Posted 11/15/2013 8:13:30 PM
people actually like the PGR series?
---
Not changing this sig until I think of something else to put on here
#13Dev445Posted 11/15/2013 8:20:48 PM
What's PGR?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#14bessy67Posted 11/15/2013 8:22:44 PM
They're completely different. Sure they're both racing games, but this is like comparing FIFA to NBA 2k just because they're both sports games.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#15skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 9:14:20 PM
Dev445 posted...
What's PGR?

Project Gotham Racing
---
#16skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 9:15:27 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Pgr4 was my favorite racing game of all time. I honestly think pgr series requires more skill to be good at.

Really as far as racing games go, I don't think I ever had any complaints about the pgr series . I really, really hope pgr5 makes it's way to x1.

I agree, you need much more skill.
---
#17skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 9:21:56 PM
What can Forza say?

"Because of the success of the Project Gotham Racing" series, Guinness World Records awarded the series six world records in the Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition 2008. These records include, "Most Complex Car Models in a Racing Game", "Largest Licensed Soundtrack Included in a Racing Game", and "Most Complex Race Environment" for the New York City area of PGR3. The Brooklyn Bridge alone is made up from over one million polygons."
---
#18N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 11/15/2013 9:36:17 PM
skermac posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Pgr4 was my favorite racing game of all time. I honestly think pgr series requires more skill to be good at.

Really as far as racing games go, I don't think I ever had any complaints about the pgr series . I really, really hope pgr5 makes it's way to x1.

The other thing I thought was great about PGR series also was the sensation of speed. They had it down packed. If you were going 240mph, it looked like it. Many, many racing games out now cant capture that feel of going 200+mph, especially the racing sims.

To me, when I played PGR, and hopped in a Ferrari, it controlled and handled EXACTLY how I imagine a Ferrari would. PGR might not have been a racing SIM, with heavy physics based handling, but to me, the way the cars handled, cornered, and drifted seemed more realistic than GT or Forza at the time.

PGR was also ahead of its time graphically. Was truly, a beautiful game. If you go back and compare PGR4 pictures of the cars in the rain, to the brand new (next generation) NFS that has weather effects, it doesn't look much better...and PGR4 came out in like 2007.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 4GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 570 1.2GB GDDr5
#19skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 5:30:43 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
skermac posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...

The other thing I thought was great about PGR series also was the sensation of speed. They had it down packed. If you were going 240mph, it looked like it. Many, many racing games out now cant capture that feel of going 200+mph, especially the racing sims.

To me, when I played PGR, and hopped in a Ferrari, it controlled and handled EXACTLY how I imagine a Ferrari would. PGR might not have been a racing SIM, with heavy physics based handling, but to me, the way the cars handled, cornered, and drifted seemed more realistic than GT or Forza at the time.

This is what I need!!! The sense of speed. When I am going 240mph I want it to look like it!
PGR was also ahead of its time graphically. Was truly, a beautiful game. If you go back and compare PGR4 pictures of the cars in the rain, to the brand new (next generation) NFS that has weather effects, it doesn't look much better...and PGR4 came out in like 2007.

---
#20richboy900Posted 11/16/2013 5:42:47 AM
skermac posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Pgr was good? When?

Before you started gaming?

Yeah, imo pgr2 was the best in the series and one of my favorite racers ever. I'm more into the Sims like forza, but I'd still buy pgr and would hope for pgr5. I really liked the weather on pgr4 and online was a blast.

I'd play forza more and would get forza 5 if I preordered the Xbox one.

A shame that there's no new pgr as it was a launch game for both the original Xbox and the 360.