Question about instant switching.

#1kolorgPosted 11/16/2013 5:02:51 AM
Is there any info on instant switching with a disc inserted into the console?

So for example, I'm watching tv, could I instant switch to my disc inserted game, switch back to tv, and then back to my paused disc game? Or is this a feature limited only to digital games?

Just to clarify, I know you can't switch between all of your installed disc games, I'm just wondering about one disc inserted and then switching to apps or a digital game, etc.

I know, the console isn't out yet and no one can know for sure, but is there any info somewhere that I may have missed? Thanks! Can't wait for Xbox One.
#2kolorg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 1:29:15 PM(edited)
Bump, this will be the only bump, if no one knows I guess I will find out in 5 days! Thanks.
#3FinzFan4lifePosted 11/16/2013 1:32:24 PM
im not for certain but i think if the game is in the drive it will switch over but aain not 100%
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#4Datdude36Posted 11/16/2013 1:35:22 PM
kolorg posted...
Is there any info on instant switching with a disc inserted into the console?

So for example, I'm watching tv, could I instant switch to my disc inserted game, switch back to tv, and then back to my paused disc game? Or is this a feature limited only to digital games?

Just to clarify, I know you can't switch between all of your installed disc games, I'm just wondering about one disc inserted and then switching to apps or a digital game, etc.

I know, the console isn't out yet and no one can know for sure, but is there any info somewhere that I may have missed? Thanks! Can't wait for Xbox One.

I was wondering the same thing because if that's the case I might go all digital. But the downside to digital in my eyes once we have it we stuck with it forever. Can't trade it in or anything.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
#5PsychoGatesPosted 11/16/2013 1:38:48 PM
pretty sure you can switch to and from disc games, only downside is you can't do between 2 disc games obviously
#6Cowboy082288Posted 11/16/2013 1:39:23 PM
You should be able to switch in the same manner whether the game is disc or digital. Dido for the snap feature.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#7slyman19Posted 11/16/2013 1:42:16 PM
I would think so. The whole game is going to be installed on the hard drive, so there would be very little difference between retail games and downloaded games except having to have the disc inserted into your Xbox for verification.
#8MmaguyPosted 11/16/2013 1:46:05 PM
You can instant switch with all digital games and a game that's in the tray. What people meant when they were talking about how you can't instant switch with a disc in the tray is that all games have a mandatory install, but you still need the disc in to instant switch. So, if you install a game, you cannot instant switch to it unless the disc is in the tray. However, if your games are digital, you can instant switch between any amount of them like you can apps.