Question about backwards compatibility

#1MasterMoronPosted 11/16/2013 8:32:57 AM
Okay, I know that XBox360 discs are not playable on XboxOne, which is almost reason enough not to buy it, but what about controllers and downloadable content? Can I use Xbox360 controllers with the XboxOne? What about classic arcade games that I've downloaded? Can those be transferred to the XboxOne?
#2IzraeilPosted 11/16/2013 8:40:19 AM
Dude, you people need to move on and I don't understand why that's even hard for you.
360 didn't even have that many games worth playing anyway.
XB1 is the present and the future.
#3MasterMoron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:43:16 AM
What does that have to do with anything? I have three controllers for the XBox360. Two are limited edition controllers. Am I just supposed to throw those controllers away?
#4Laylow12Posted 11/16/2013 8:44:35 AM
To answer your question TC, no the XBOX ONE doesn't honor your previous video game purchases. They will resell them to you at a point in the future if you still want to play them. They created all new controllers so no, your previous controllers including expensive fight stick and headphones no longer work. They will resell you everything though.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#5bessy67Posted 11/16/2013 8:44:45 AM
MasterMoron posted...
What does that have to do with anything? I have three controllers for the XBox360. Two are limited edition controllers. Am I just supposed to throw those controllers away?

If you're throwing your 360 away, sure.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#6MasterMoron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:49:18 AM
I just don't have enough room in my TV stand for more controllers. I already have three Xbox controllers, a headset, three Wii remotes, two nunchucks, one PS2 controller, and one PS1 controller. I'm thinking about just giving my Playstation 2 away, actually. I mean, I haven't played it for over a year. I'm sure one of my brothers might use it. It would clear up some room if I got rid of all of those games and controllers.
#7IzraeilPosted 11/16/2013 8:54:11 AM
MasterMoron posted...
I just don't have enough room in my TV stand for more controllers. I already have three Xbox controllers, a headset, three Wii remotes, two nunchucks, one PS2 controller, and one PS1 controller. I'm thinking about just giving my Playstation 2 away, actually. I mean, I haven't played it for over a year. I'm sure one of my brothers might use it. It would clear up some room if I got rid of all of those games and controllers.

Maybe you should get rid of the PS1 controller, it's practically of no use with a PS2 controller also present.
#8MasterMoron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:57:28 AM
The PS1 controller is compatible with Playstation 2, so if I want to play two player games it's good to have that controller. So, if Playstation 2 can use Playstation 1 controllers, why can't XBoxOne use XBox360 controllers? Wii could use GameCube and N64 controllers. Hell, even Sega Genesis could use Atari controllers. Backwards compatibility for discs is one thing, but there is no excuse for not making the controllers backwards compatible, especially when they're wireless.
#9IzraeilPosted 11/16/2013 9:01:00 AM
MasterMoron posted...
The PS1 controller is compatible with Playstation 2, so if I want to play two player games it's good to have that controller. So, if Playstation 2 can use Playstation 1 controllers, why can't XBoxOne use XBox360 controllers? Wii could use GameCube and N64 controllers. Hell, even Sega Genesis could use Atari controllers. Backwards compatibility for discs is one thing, but there is no excuse for not making the controllers backwards compatible, especially when they're wireless.

360 controllers don't have vibrating triggers, which is an integral part of the whole experience.
I know a lot of launch titles aren't supporting the feature but once it gets going, it's gonna be freakin' amazing!
#10ACx7Posted 11/16/2013 9:02:50 AM
MasterMoron posted...
Okay, I know that XBox360 discs are not playable on XboxOne, which is almost reason enough not to buy it, but what about controllers and downloadable content? Can I use Xbox360 controllers with the XboxOne? What about classic arcade games that I've downloaded? Can those be transferred to the XboxOne?

The answer to all of these questions is no. :/

At least for now. They may give us some kind of backwards compatibility with cloud streaming in the future. Allowing Xbox 360 games to play on the Xbox One would mean recoding everything to play on the completely different architecture. Which I doubt most devs would be willing to do.