Why do people spend the money for Collector's editions?

#1CasualNinjaPosted 11/16/2013 12:21:12 PM
Whether it'd be limited edition consoles, controllers, games, etc. How many people currently have the Halo helmet sitting around collecting dust? All the photo booklets or anything else silly that has come with the games. Some people spent upwards up $200 to get the COD consoles, and then not even use them. Then these are the same people that complain new consoles are so expensive. That doesn't make any sense.
#2kidwgmPosted 11/16/2013 12:43:39 PM
CasualNinja posted...
Whether it'd be limited edition consoles, controllers, games, etc. How many people currently have the Halo helmet sitting around collecting dust? All the photo booklets or anything else silly that has come with the games. Some people spent upwards up $200 to get the COD consoles, and then not even use them. Then these are the same people that complain new consoles are so expensive. That doesn't make any sense.

To you. Some people are collectors so they want that stuff. Other people have plenty of money spend on stuff like that. There are really thousands of reasons. Because you know.....people are different from each other. Not hard to comprehend.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Animal Crossing New Leaf FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.) *Coming Soon: Xbox One
#3Kenny18Posted 11/16/2013 12:48:44 PM
I used to buy the CE of games I reallllllly liked. God Of War 3, all the Bioshocks, Infamous, ect. But about 2 weeks ago something in me snapped and realised they weren't worth it to me. Saves me a lot of money. Only kept a few such as all the MGS games and the original Bioshock CE on 360 ;) Traded in the rest and got enough to buy another ps3, from 3 CE games alone :O

Really wished I would have never bought the CE in the first place though...
---
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd77/skater1818/Lulz.jpg
#4DrFeelgood1984Posted 11/16/2013 12:51:42 PM
I bought the Modern Warfare 2 collector's edition for the night vision goggles. They turned out to be a lot more fun than that POS game. I mostly agree though, it's pretty dumb to spend $80-$100 for a $60 game that comes with an artbook/toy/statue.