wait if LIVE doesnt work on day 1?? will we be able to play games?

#11OzmosePosted 11/16/2013 2:41:05 PM
I think you need the day 1 patch to play offline, so if Live is down, I don't think it will work.
My friend said he's been getting randomly booted off of Live all day, not really a good sign.
---
IGN : Ozmose
#12BbrendoshiPosted 11/16/2013 2:51:26 PM
If the ps4's issues this week are any indicator, there could indeed be issues. Not being able to download the patch would make most consoles a brick.

Thankfully though, ms tend to have quite good server capacity. I don't think I've ever seen an online launch go well. I'm hoping to see that change on friday.
---
Gamertag/PSN/Steam: Sakori
#13slyman19Posted 11/16/2013 3:03:39 PM
I wouldn`t worry. Xbox Live is a lot more stable than PSN. I think MS is going to be prepared.
#14odogs4Posted 11/16/2013 3:09:49 PM
The only issue I have is being able to download our games. What's going to happen when we all have to download every game we want to play? As I understand it, we have to download all games. Nothing is played off the discussion so if xbox live has any issues (which I doubt) theoretically we won't be able to play anything .
---
NBA = Spurs , MLB = Chicago Cubs
#15PS2 4 LifePosted 11/16/2013 3:19:47 PM(edited)
XBox live is definitely more stable then PSN so I doubt there will be many issues with that on launch day.

But, I still think that Microsoft should send out disc versions of the update to all retailers just in case.
---
Games I am looking forward to:Dead Rising 3, Mighty No 9, Tales of Xillia 2
3DS FC: 0404-5580-6237
#16Hardcore74LeoPosted 11/16/2013 3:33:57 PM
Ozmose posted...
I think you need the day 1 patch to play offline, so if Live is down, I don't think it will work.
My friend said he's been getting randomly booted off of Live all day, not really a good sign.

If he is getting kicked off of line every now and than it could be that ms is working on the live. Maybe that's why they pushed the release a week after ps4. To see how the psn would react and then see if they need to preemptively nip a problem in the bud.
#17TreGoodaPosted 11/16/2013 3:34:06 PM
Bbrendoshi posted...
If the ps4's issues this week are any indicator, there could indeed be issues. Not being able to download the patch would make most consoles a brick.

Thankfully though, ms tend to have quite good server capacity. I don't think I've ever seen an online launch go well. I'm hoping to see that change on friday.

Live won't crash and I don't think anybody is surprised PSN did.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#18Theninja2004Posted 11/16/2013 4:04:51 PM
odogs4 posted...
The only issue I have is being able to download our games. What's going to happen when we all have to download every game we want to play? As I understand it, we have to download all games. Nothing is played off the discussion so if xbox live has any issues (which I doubt) theoretically we won't be able to play anything .

Once you have the patch installed you can play the games off the discs. It installs it all yeah but you don't need to be connected constantly that was scraped atm.
---
Gamertag : Slashingwind