Should I sell my Wii U for this?

#1SnoicFactorPosted 11/16/2013 6:05:50 PM
Hmm, havent played it since february. I was planning to get mario 3d, but thats it until mario kart and smash. I want forza and killer instinct kinda bad >_>.. I dont sell consoles really, but wii u man.. this thing honestly seems to lack potential for the future outside of 1st party games. Nintendo seems to have all of their focus on 3ds still.. with its tons of exclusive games.. Pokemon, zelda..donkey kong, etc. I figured on ebay id get around 300 with all items i have.
---
nt
#2khardboredPosted 11/16/2013 6:14:29 PM
Well, if you do sell it, you won't be getting those Nintendo 1st party games, obviously.
But if you really haven't touched it in 9 months, might be time to let it go.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#3SnoicFactor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 6:19:14 PM
Yeah, that's the only reason I am hesitant. Basically as far as first party titles go..

Pikmin - played it but no long time replay value. NO Online mode is a huge disappointment.

Zelda - Never finished skyward sword, but Ive been eager to see what they do in HD.

Mario - Looks good, but again.. No online mode for such a game seems ridiculous. It has a heavy emphasis on multiplayer.

Mario Kart - this one seems like fun, and will have online.

Smash - Has online and seems fun.

Not sure why Nintendo seems to just not care about online multiplayer. I am leaning towards selling it, and repurchasing later on if games turn out well.
---
nt
#4mike468Posted 11/16/2013 6:25:19 PM(edited)
It might be time to let go. I felt the same way when it came to the N64. Outside of 1st party games there wasn't much to really get on the system. Either the XBO or PS4 have the Wii-U beat with 3rd party games. It's just a matter if the 1st party and exclusive games are enough to get you to ditch Nintendo?

SnoicFactor posted...

Not sure why Nintendo seems to just not care about online multiplayer. I am leaning towards selling it, and repurchasing later on if games turn out well.

They have over 8 years to make up on. While the market was obviously shifting towards online play, Nintendo for the life of them haven't been able to figure out how to turn a profit on it. They where basically forced to, and still haven't figured it out.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#5zshippozxPosted 11/16/2013 6:25:31 PM
If I had a wii u I wouldn't. I'm most likely getting one for smash.
---
SSF4: main- Sakura sub- ibuki 3rd Strike main - ibuki
GT: foxdemon3392 PSN: EXShouoken
#6ADHDguitarPosted 11/16/2013 6:27:57 PM
Honestly, you really shouldn't have bought it until around now anyway.

I'd wait. It's not like Xbox One will be all that spectacular at launch either, where as the Wii U will at least have a few good exclusives in the coming months.

It really depends on how much you care for Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, and the few others.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are tan(1.560796660108231381024981575)% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#7GuyFawkes5Posted 11/16/2013 6:32:25 PM
I'd say no. I myself have a Wii U, play it quite often to. Come 2014 there is a pretty good line up of games hitting U. I'd wait. Plus X1 will more then likely have hardware issues like 360 did. An now PS4. Plus if u wait longer it MAY go down in pirce 6 months to a year. MAY. That an it will more then likely be bundled with some game(s)
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.
#8NinjaGuerraPosted 11/16/2013 6:35:43 PM
there is nothing to play now but keep it for mario kart and smash bros.
---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#9SAMCROftwPosted 11/16/2013 6:38:23 PM
Super Smash Bros dominates everything. All launch exclusives on all consoles have nothing on Smash Bros. Keep your Wii U.
---
Xbox fan since 2003. Tired of Microsoft's bull. LOLXbone.
Mass Effect TaliShep.... still a better love story than Twilight.
#10Xuande12Posted 11/16/2013 6:43:05 PM
Who owns a Wii U?
---
RIP Rainbow Six (1998-2004).