Lets talk about things in which Xbox One > PS4

#61motoraptorPosted 11/17/2013 8:05:29 AM
Xbox One > PS4 when it comes to ambition.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#62BrokenIcarusPosted 11/17/2013 8:11:19 AM
Talk2DaHand posted...
I have heard a lot of talk about RAM and GPU, but little on BUS arquitecture and CPU.

CPU:

PS4 = 8 core Jaguar processor. 1.6 GHz. 1 thread per core, and 2 ops per thread, for a total of 16 ops according to Sony.

X1 = 8 core CPU processor. 1.75 GHz. No detailed structure thus far, but Microsoft has confirmed that it performs 48ops total.

BUS:

PS4 = 3 Bus Pipelines. Onion, Garlic and Super Onion. These allow for HAS and Huma operations between processor and GPU in connection to the GDDR5 RAM.

X1 = 8 Bus Pipelines, 2x256 Bit Buses with 4 lanes each. One pipeline to the ODESRAM, and one to the DDR3 RAM. Additional Bus Pipelines to the CPU on both the DDR3 and the ODESRAM, as well as various Bus Pipelines to the Audio, Video, and Memory controllers and Kinect.

HDD:

PS4 = 500 GB Removeable. 5200 RPM.

X1 = 500 GB Permanent. 7200 RPM. + 8GB Flash Memory HDD.

AUDIO:

PS4 = Dedicated audio processor with bulk of processing directly on CPU/GPU.

X1 = Dedicated audio processor capable of processing almost all Audio and Kinect functions without using CPU/GPU resources.

MOVE ENGINES:

PS4 = None.

X1 = Move Engines are separate internal processing hardware that will allow the system to move data around without using CPU/GPU resources.

As you can see, the Xbox One can hold it's ground on a bunch of areas. This is why Kojima, Carmak and other claim that they are neck and neck.

You have absolutely zero sources.
#63sworderPosted 11/17/2013 8:17:08 AM(edited)
masumane2 posted...
I'm surprised the PS4 is using a HDD with only 5200 RPM. I wouldn't buy that for my computer. The system is probably more dependent on it's blu-ray drive instead though.

IGN tested that you can put any kind of HDD on PS4, be it SATA III at 7200 RPM or an SSD
#64dnmtPosted 11/17/2013 8:18:08 AM
BrokenIcarus posted...
Talk2DaHand posted...
I have heard a lot of talk about RAM and GPU, but little on BUS arquitecture and CPU.

CPU:

PS4 = 8 core Jaguar processor. 1.6 GHz. 1 thread per core, and 2 ops per thread, for a total of 16 ops according to Sony.

X1 = 8 core CPU processor. 1.75 GHz. No detailed structure thus far, but Microsoft has confirmed that it performs 48ops total.

BUS:

PS4 = 3 Bus Pipelines. Onion, Garlic and Super Onion. These allow for HAS and Huma operations between processor and GPU in connection to the GDDR5 RAM.

X1 = 8 Bus Pipelines, 2x256 Bit Buses with 4 lanes each. One pipeline to the ODESRAM, and one to the DDR3 RAM. Additional Bus Pipelines to the CPU on both the DDR3 and the ODESRAM, as well as various Bus Pipelines to the Audio, Video, and Memory controllers and Kinect.

HDD:

PS4 = 500 GB Removeable. 5200 RPM.

X1 = 500 GB Permanent. 7200 RPM. + 8GB Flash Memory HDD.

AUDIO:

PS4 = Dedicated audio processor with bulk of processing directly on CPU/GPU.

X1 = Dedicated audio processor capable of processing almost all Audio and Kinect functions without using CPU/GPU resources.

MOVE ENGINES:

PS4 = None.

X1 = Move Engines are separate internal processing hardware that will allow the system to move data around without using CPU/GPU resources.

As you can see, the Xbox One can hold it's ground on a bunch of areas. This is why Kojima, Carmak and other claim that they are neck and neck.

You have absolutely zero sources.

It's pretty well known by now, stop being in denial.