Anyone know about going digital?

#1dcustrikerPosted 11/16/2013 6:49:23 PM
I'm pondering whether or not I want to go digital on this...I like the idea of not having all the disks everywhere, but the console only has 500 gigs >.> which isn't a whole lot considering the amounts of gigs these games will take up. Anyone know how Microsoft is planning to do this? Will we be able to download games to the console through the disks, like Microsoft originally said we were going to do (minus the drm restrictions lol).?
#22ndAtomiskPosted 11/16/2013 6:51:10 PM
External hard drive support sometime next year.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#3jpraelsterPosted 11/16/2013 6:51:29 PM
dcustriker posted...
I'm pondering whether or not I want to go digital on this...I like the idea of not having all the disks everywhere, but the console only has 500 gigs >.> which isn't a whole lot considering the amounts of gigs these games will take up. Anyone know how Microsoft is planning to do this? Will we be able to download games to the console through the disks, like Microsoft originally said we were going to do (minus the drm restrictions lol).?

They will be adding external harddrive support sometime in 2014
#4Masterchief5525Posted 11/16/2013 6:52:38 PM
All games are installed when you put in the disc, so In my opinion it is better to own the disc since if you ever delete a game you can use the disc to install it again rather than download the whole entire game again.
---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
#5dcustriker(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 6:57:39 PM
Masterchief5525 posted...
All games are installed when you put in the disc, so In my opinion it is better to own the disc since if you ever delete a game you can use the disc to install it again rather than download the whole entire game again.

So, after I install the game I won't have to use the disk in order to play the game? If thats the case I'll definitely be buying the disks.
#6zmousePosted 11/16/2013 7:04:06 PM
dcustriker posted...

So, after I install the game I won't have to use the disk in order to play the game? If thats the case I'll definitely be buying the disks.

No you need disc in drive, the whole drm thing allowed to not need disc anymore which is pretty much the only reason there would be drm. But they reversed it so we have to keep discs in now.
#7cpcjlc3Posted 11/16/2013 7:04:14 PM
dcustriker posted...

From my understanding you still have to have the disc inserted to play the game. Works the same way it works now on the 360. That is why there is no instant switching on disc based games.