Both games cost $60, what resolution do you prefer to play it in? 720p or 1080p

#11steven1090Posted 11/16/2013 6:50:49 PM
People do know that need for speed rivals is 1080p for xbox one right?....
---
If you really cared about about your FPS and resolution you wouldn't buy a PS4 or an XBOX get a mother F***ing PC.
#12BrownGottiPosted 11/16/2013 6:51:25 PM
Laylow12 posted...
BrownGotti posted...
Of course 1080p is the preferred resolution to play a game in. However if you are asking if I would rather play a game in 1080p on ps4 or 720p on X1, I would have to choose the X1 because that would be my console of choice. As a system I like the X1 better than the PS4 feature wise and it's online capability. Will games on the X1 in the future hit 1080p, of course they will and some do now.

But early 1080p games is just not enough of a system seller to me, when in the end both consoles will ultimately run games at the same resolution.

Fair points but Microsoft hasn't been truthful with this console and I know of only one game running 1080p even RYSE isn't hitting the mark and that's Crytec graphics maniacs. Time will tell I guess.

NBA 2k14 and Forza run at 1080p and 60fps on the X1. Not all Ps4 games run at 1080p natively either. I admit there are more, but there are some 900p games in their launch line up.

What has MS lied about?

#13BrownGottiPosted 11/16/2013 6:53:03 PM
steven1090 posted...
People do know that need for speed rivals is 1080p for xbox one right?....

I did not know that.
#14triple sPosted 11/16/2013 6:53:18 PM
Laylow12 posted...
BrownGotti posted...
Of course 1080p is the preferred resolution to play a game in. However if you are asking if I would rather play a game in 1080p on ps4 or 720p on X1, I would have to choose the X1 because that would be my console of choice. As a system I like the X1 better than the PS4 feature wise and it's online capability. Will games on the X1 in the future hit 1080p, of course they will and some do now.

But early 1080p games is just not enough of a system seller to me, when in the end both consoles will ultimately run games at the same resolution.

Fair points but Microsoft hasn't been truthful with this console and I know of only one game running 1080p even RYSE isn't hitting the mark and that's Crytec graphics maniacs. Time will tell I guess.

One game?

Need for Speed Rivals
NBA 2K14
Forza 5
Crimson Dragon
UFC
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#15Satchmo25Posted 11/16/2013 6:54:59 PM
Guys this isn't about PS4 vs X1. This is simply about two games 720p v 1080p. 1080p is obviously better. Had tc mentioned PS4 or the X1 in his topic we'd all be taking the PS4's known performance inferiorities into consideration in which case obviously the 720p game would be preferred but that's not what this is about
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#16Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 6:55:23 PM
BlackOps06 posted...
Well yeah, no $%*&, all things being equal, 1080p > 720p. But the Xbox One and PS4 aren't identical consoles. If you're intrigued by some of the Xbox One's features (like the TV features)/like their lineup more (Halo, Gears of War, whatever), you'd live with the 720p (which may end up at a 1080p standard later on anyway). If you like the PS4 and its features (better hardward)/lineup (God of War, Killzone, etc.) more, then buy that. Comparing the two consoles on one single thing is pointless, unless the resolution is the ONLY thing you care about (unlikely).

Good points. I think the thing getting me is the extra $100 for less performance when playing video games, which is all I'm looking for. PS4 does have the apps like Netflix. Amazon video Hulu, etc.. And they're getting more down the line.

I don't see any use for waving my arms around to change tv channels or talking to change tv channels and games haven't proven to be any more fun with a KINECT. If anything they ruin the game in my experience.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17SunDevil77Posted 11/16/2013 6:57:25 PM
Laylow12 posted...
BlackOps06 posted...
Well yeah, no $%*&, all things being equal, 1080p > 720p. But the Xbox One and PS4 aren't identical consoles. If you're intrigued by some of the Xbox One's features (like the TV features)/like their lineup more (Halo, Gears of War, whatever), you'd live with the 720p (which may end up at a 1080p standard later on anyway). If you like the PS4 and its features (better hardward)/lineup (God of War, Killzone, etc.) more, then buy that. Comparing the two consoles on one single thing is pointless, unless the resolution is the ONLY thing you care about (unlikely).

Good points. I think the thing getting me is the extra $100 for less performance when playing video games, which is all I'm looking for. PS4 does have the apps like Netflix. Amazon video Hulu, etc.. And they're getting more down the line.

I don't see any use for waving my arms around to change tv channels or talking to change tv channels and games haven't proven to be any more fun with a KINECT. If anything they ruin the game in my experience.

So....don't get the Xbox One, and stop making topics questioning other gamers' purchases?
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#18triple sPosted 11/16/2013 6:59:06 PM
Laylow12 posted...
BlackOps06 posted...

Sounds like this is just a terrible attempt in trolling.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#19BrownGottiPosted 11/16/2013 6:59:36 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
Guys this isn't about PS4 vs X1. This is simply about two games 720p v 1080p. 1080p is obviously better. Had tc mentioned PS4 or the X1 in his topic we'd all be taking the PS4's known performance inferiorities into consideration in which case obviously the 720p game would be preferred but that's not what this is about

In the context of this board, that's exactly what's he's talking about, if not the topic wouldn't make any sense. It's like asking someone would you rather watch TV in SD or HD. The obvious answer is HD, so what is there to discuss.
#20Pirate WezPosted 11/16/2013 7:03:21 PM
I have a Pc that can do 4k and 60 fps

I have a ps4, but I am getting Cod despite being best looking on pc by far I am getting on Xbox one since I love the community as well as the controller :) Battlefield 4 I got on Ps4
---
My Art Site http://w-e-z.deviantart.com/