Both games cost $60, what resolution do you prefer to play it in? 720p or 1080p

#31Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:17:10 PM
Another reason i ask is because the embarrassing revelation that Titan Fall will only run at 60fps 720p max and that Phil Spencer said he has no clue what 3rd party games run at, only his first party games.

That was proven to be a lie when he said that about Dead Rising. Capcom said he knew it was 30fps 720p as well as Albert Pinella, they were in discussion with them the whole way and visited Vancouver in their studios. Dishonest executives trying to sell me an expensive product that I'm going to sink thousands of dollars into don't get my money.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/titanfall-downgraded-720p-xbox-one-60088.html

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#32Pirate WezPosted 11/16/2013 8:18:42 PM
Assassins creed 4 will be my real test since there is 4k textures in it.
---
www.artofwez.com
PSN: W-E-Z XBL: PGP_WEZ
#33triple sPosted 11/16/2013 8:24:22 PM
Pirate Wez posted...
Assassins creed 4 will be my real test since there is 4k textures in it.

I wonder if you can downsample those textures to 1080p.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#34triple sPosted 11/16/2013 8:26:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#35Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:36:25 PM
triple s posted...
TC, you're stupid. Not every game is going to be 720p and I loved how you completely ignored my post stating games that were 1080p besides the "one" you listed. There's more to game graphics than resolution because if resolution was all that mattered, both the Xbox One and PS4 can run any current gen game in 1080p.

Triple, I apologize for saying it was only a single game in 1080p. Would you say a little less than half the launch line up for XBOX ONE is in 1080p? If that's true than a majority of the games are in less than Full HD resolution, not a comfortable amount for someone looking for an upgrade to the next generation.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#36triple sPosted 11/16/2013 8:53:59 PM
Laylow12 posted...
triple s posted...
TC, you're stupid. Not every game is going to be 720p and I loved how you completely ignored my post stating games that were 1080p besides the "one" you listed. There's more to game graphics than resolution because if resolution was all that mattered, both the Xbox One and PS4 can run any current gen game in 1080p.

Triple, I apologize for saying it was only a single game in 1080p. Would you say a little less than half the launch line up for XBOX ONE is in 1080p? If that's true than a majority of the games are in less than Full HD resolution, not a comfortable amount for someone looking for an upgrade to the next generation.

If you care so much, you should really be PC gaming. Multiplatforms aren't going to be a deciding factor in which system to get, exclusives will. I have a great gaming PC and I have been playing in 1080p/60-120fps for a while. Yet what interest me about the Xbox One is the games. Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 wouldn't look any more fun than they do in 1080p.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#37MinunSSPosted 11/16/2013 9:51:06 PM
I voted 720P. Here's why:

This troll topic doesn't take into account Sony's inability to grasp the content of a TV's native resolution. My TV is 720P, and having the TV downscale or re-size the image rather than the console's graphics card makes for an ugly sight, as my PS3 has proven
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update ___ Somebody learned.
#38TheSL1ClubPosted 11/16/2013 9:56:11 PM
MinunSS posted...
I voted 720P. Here's why:

This troll topic doesn't take into account Sony's inability to grasp the content of a TV's native resolution. My TV is 720P, and having the TV downscale or re-size the image rather than the console's graphics card makes for an ugly sight, as my PS3 has proven

Because your TV is bad that makes the ps4 bad because it doesn't compromise your TV lol? Dat logic.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#39ACx7Posted 11/16/2013 10:04:30 PM
Meh... "Less Quality". I don't even have a 1080p TV. Guess I have never played a quality game. :(
#40MinunSSPosted 11/16/2013 10:06:13 PM
The Xbone will output to my TV in it's native resolution, just as the 360 does. This means my TV simply takes the image it's given and displays it.

PS3/4 on the other hand outputs at a different resolution. PS3 outputs require my TV to upscale them slightly, and since an image made to one size and then re-sized by a TV always comes out looking jaggy, this results in inferior image quality. The PS4 does the same.

Basically what I'm saying is that a purpose-built graphics card does a better job of refining images than a TV, whose primary purpose is simply to take the image given and display it.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update ___ Somebody learned.