X1 controller is cheap

#1BanMeAgainPosted 11/16/2013 7:31:01 PM
Well I just tried one out at a Microsoft store (forza 5), and I couldn't help but think it just felt cheap. Lighter weight but mostly the rumble in each trigger just felt weak. It is cool that there are individual rumbles but to me they just felt pretty soft. Has anyone else tried one out?

It also seems pretty strange that the Microsoft would keep the demo of xbox one so limited. Here in Las Vegas, there is only one place to try one. Why not have people try it out before committing? Maybe because the controller isn't what we thought it would be.
#2motoraptorPosted 11/16/2013 7:32:20 PM
"Our controller feels cheap, let's not have a Xbox One Tour to showcase the controller alongside some games"
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#3bob15xPosted 11/16/2013 7:39:37 PM
BanMeAgain posted...
Well I just tried one out at a Microsoft store (forza 5), and I couldn't help but think it just felt cheap. Lighter weight but mostly the rumble in each trigger just felt weak. It is cool that there are individual rumbles but to me they just felt pretty soft. Has anyone else tried one out?

It also seems pretty strange that the Microsoft would keep the demo of xbox one so limited. Here in Las Vegas, there is only one place to try one. Why not have people try it out before committing? Maybe because the controller isn't what we thought it would be.

yes, I have tried both and to be honest the xbox one controller feels a lot better in terms of build quality than ds4. the sticks on ds4 do feel like they would wear down fast like one user noticed. At futureshop today, I looked at the left stick and it already had a grove on the stem of the stick
#4BanMeAgain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 7:45:31 PM
I guess by cheap I don't necessarily mean the build quality. It is lighter like I said and for my big hands, the new shape would take some getting used to, especially the bumpers which I feel aren't nearly as convenient as the 360s. But I wasn't blown away by the rumble in the triggers.

I read elsewhere that there is a rumble in the center of the controller, I didn't really feel that playing forza. I don't want to compare it to ds4,im just asking for your guys input because I don't think I had enough time with it to get a really solid impression.
#5BanMeAgain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 11:33:43 AM
has anyone else tried it?
#6papipapipapiPosted 11/18/2013 11:37:50 AM
BanMeAgain posted...
has anyone else tried it?

Tried both and I think both are great. Xbox One controller wins overall for me though.
#7archibald3Posted 11/18/2013 11:53:58 AM
I`ve played with it quite a bit. I thought it was awesome ! In Forza you feel the accelerator in your fingers and then if you hit the side or go off the track the rumble in the rest of the controller. In a shooter you will be able to feel the trigger click in your finger and then the gun exploding in your hand. Seems like a really simple , yet great ,innovation to me.
#8CapnStankyPosted 11/18/2013 11:55:40 AM
If you think that's cheap, you better avoid the Dual Shock 4. Horrendous battery life (6-8 hours), the tops of the analog sticks fall apart from normal usage, and the triggers are a joke.
#9vashtrichamPosted 11/18/2013 11:55:56 AM
Played it and the ps4 controller was the clear winner IMO
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#10AH88Posted 11/18/2013 12:24:15 PM
vashtricham posted...
Played it and the ps4 controller was the clear winner IMO

I haven't used the X1 controller yet, but I HATE the triggers on the DS4, they still feel cheap and flimsy, just like on the DS3/Sixaxis