I still think xbox one could of gone all digital with success

#1FlyinTonitePosted 11/16/2013 9:39:36 PM
I mean, steam is probably the best thing since sliced bread. If xbox one marketed it more like a steam and didn't act like stupid *******s (if you want offline, get a 360... such a dick thing to say) I think it could have worked out.
---
Wonderful 101: A game where you fight people with people.
#2angealfirePosted 11/16/2013 9:42:32 PM
Yeah but why alienate the people who like physical media?
---
PSN- albelnoxx
#3assassin10133Posted 11/16/2013 9:42:44 PM
No, all they needed to do from the get go is give consumers the option of going all digital to get the benefits/restrictions with that or staying with the physical discs without the benefits/restrictions. Would've saved them a ton of backlash.
#4TheSL1ClubPosted 11/16/2013 9:46:10 PM
Then what's the difference between pc and console gaming anymore? Some people prefer console gaming solely because of you can actually resell your games.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#5Mr_arizonaPosted 11/16/2013 9:52:19 PM
assassin10133 posted...
No, all they needed to do from the get go is give consumers the option of going all digital to get the benefits/restrictions with that or staying with the physical discs without the benefits/restrictions. Would've saved them a ton of backlash.

I agree. It's obvious all companies want to move to all digital but the public doesn't want it just yet. They won't just do all digital right now especially with the whole used games fiasco they tried. For the X1/PS4 era it will be 50/50 as for what people are buying.

I say Microsoft and Sony should steer towards the digital only format by using the X1/PS4 and offer deals, exclusive content, basically a lot of small perks for buying it digitally. This way when they do go all digital the majority of consumers won't care cause most of their games are downloaded anyways.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#6Xuande12Posted 11/16/2013 9:54:11 PM
No, just no. This topic is fail and the Xbox would have failed miserably.
---
RIP Rainbow Six (1998-2004).
#7FlyinTonite(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 9:56:39 PM
Xuande12 posted...
No, just no. This topic is fail and the Xbox would have failed miserably.

You really need to look up what makes things like steam popular before you just damn them. I will agree that at first some physical media would make the transition easier but it's the future and you know it. That's what the industry is moving towards.

There is plenty of upside to digital, lower production costs, cheaper games for the consumers, less loading times, plus you can redownload the game at any time.
---
#8TheSL1ClubPosted 11/16/2013 9:58:46 PM
TC, you can hook yur pc to a TV, you can get a controller for your pc, if games go all digital there is 0 advantage in owning a console whatsoever. Do you not see that?
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#9Bristow84Posted 11/16/2013 10:03:53 PM(edited)
TC while I agree with you on some points, I do need to ask. How long did it take for Steam to be considered more then a POS? It has been on PC for quite a while but it was once considered crappy.

Also if MS allowed the ability to buy physical copies from stores and install it on the XBONE then never need the disc again, that's not a bad way to move people towards going more digital in the future.

Also it sucks for people with bad/mediocre internet because of bandwidth caps, low speeds, etc. Steam works so well because they compress the games by ALOT. I've noticed that the biggest game I ever downloaded from Steam was around 30-40GB, whereas the launch games are somewhere around 30-50 GB per game.
---
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || GTX670 || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain
#10FlyinTonite(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 10:03:17 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
TC, you can hook yur pc to a TV, you can get a controller for your pc, if games go all digital there is 0 advantage in owning a console whatsoever. Do you not see that?

If you truly believe the only advantage of owning a console is being able to resell your games, you will not be gaming in the future I assure you.
---