I still think xbox one could of gone all digital with success

#11koichiPosted 11/16/2013 9:03:44 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
TC, you can hook yur pc to a TV, you can get a controller for your pc, if games go all digital there is 0 advantage in owning a console whatsoever. Do you not see that?

except the part where most console games work with out tinkering. Unlike some of the most recent PC games.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#12Bikes-Posted 11/16/2013 9:04:51 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
TC, you can hook yur pc to a TV, you can get a controller for your pc, if games go all digital there is 0 advantage in owning a console whatsoever. Do you not see that?

This. It's also worth noting steam was a gradual thing and earned the respect it gets now. MS had a digital storefront that wasn't as good as steam and expected people to just trust them to do the right thing when they suddenly forced the change. Steam also doesn't have the asinine 24 check in, which was the biggest issue, because so far that sort of thing has never gone smoothly.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#13TheSL1ClubPosted 11/16/2013 9:05:42 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
TheSL1Club posted...

If you truly believe the only advantage of owning a console is being able to resell your games, you will not be gaming in the future I assure you.

Then tell me what else is there? Instead of saying stuff like you know the future?
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#14TheSL1ClubPosted 11/16/2013 9:07:16 PM
koichi posted...
TheSL1Club posted...

except the part where most console games work with out tinkering. Unlike some of the most recent PC games.

Tinkering what? Installing updates?
---
#15Duke AriochPosted 11/16/2013 9:08:25 PM
TheSL1Club posted...

I disagree, I think there will still be a place for consoles. Consoles are generally cheaper and don't need to be upgraded as often if ever. Additionally the games are usually tailored to a controller on consoles and only "supported" on PC. I have played some PC games with horrible controller support. With a few select genres (RTS and MMORPG in particular) as the exception, I still buy many multiplats on consoles despite having a controller for my PC and my PC using the same TV my console is hooked up to. Preference is the advantage.
---
"Blood and souls for my Lord Arioch!" - Elric of Melnibone
#16bob15xPosted 11/16/2013 9:09:13 PM
angealfire posted...
Yeah but why alienate the people who like physical media?

they did have physical media
#17UtterMoonPosted 11/16/2013 9:10:41 PM
Nope. Many people don't have great internet, and many people have internet caps. Going all digital and having no form of physical copies would be a death sentence for the Xbone, which is why they were never going to go all digital in the first place.
#18bob15xPosted 11/16/2013 9:12:21 PM
so much false info.

1. there was physical media you buy in store
2. you could resell your games. all digital games. ps4 only allows disk versions
3. you did not need your disk, that is why the online check.
4. online check also needed so you could sell your digital games, if no online check, could sell and keep playing.

Most people heard online check and digital and immediately stopped listening to anything else. Then they started believing everything they read on internet even thought it was false. Even the media was screwed up.

to this day people still say the original xbox one was anti used game when it actually was more used game friendly than the ps4. So who cares that you couldnt sell on ebay, I rather ability to sell my digital games over ebay. Plus only morons sell on ebay.
#19GamerRafPosted 11/16/2013 9:13:33 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
I mean, steam is probably the best thing since sliced bread. If xbox one marketed it more like a steam and didn't act like stupid *******s (if you want offline, get a 360... such a dick thing to say) I think it could have worked out.

The thing with steam is you're just renting the games for a really long time.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#20TheSL1ClubPosted 11/16/2013 9:17:04 PM(edited)
Duke Arioch posted...
TheSL1Club posted...

I disagree, I think there will still be a place for consoles. Consoles are generally cheaper and don't need to be upgraded as often if ever. Additionally the games are usually tailored to a controller on consoles and only "supported" on PC. I have played some PC games with horrible controller support. With a few select genres (RTS and MMORPG in particular) as the exception, I still buy many multiplats on consoles despite having a controller for my PC and my PC using the same TV my console is hooked up to. Preference is the advantage.

I didn't upgrade my pc in a long time and I can still play all games fine just not in highest settings, consoles aren't cheaper either, pc parts get updated really fast so you can always grab a bargain for a 1-2 year old part that is still way better than console parts. Controls for the games are problems at the game's end, not an advantage to console. Games like dark souls or super meat boy can be played amazingly on pc that require intricate controls, world record speed runs are done on pc with a controller to be exact. Btw you are not supposed to play RTS and MMORPG with a controller, like dark souls is not supposed to be played with keyboard and mouse.
---