I still think xbox one could of gone all digital with success

#21FlyinTonite(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 9:21:33 PM
GamerRaf posted...
FlyinTonite posted...
I mean, steam is probably the best thing since sliced bread. If xbox one marketed it more like a steam and didn't act like stupid *******s (if you want offline, get a 360... such a dick thing to say) I think it could have worked out.

The thing with steam is you're just renting the games for a really long time.

There are many positives with steam, that I feel would have made the xbox one stand out.

1. Games go on sale often, and for huge discounts.
2. Free game every so often (and often times, just free for a weekend, but still fun)
3. DLC is managed very well
4. The ability to download on multiple pc's with one username (for consoles, the main draw would just be the ability to redownload a game should you get a new xbox one, I don't think this advantage would be used otherwise).

There are others but these are just my top 4.
---
Wonderful 101: A game where you fight people with people.
#22FinzFan4lifePosted 11/16/2013 9:30:44 PM
GamerRaf posted...
FlyinTonite posted...
I mean, steam is probably the best thing since sliced bread. If xbox one marketed it more like a steam and didn't act like stupid *******s (if you want offline, get a 360... such a dick thing to say) I think it could have worked out.

The thing with steam is you're just renting the games for a really long time.

no not even
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#23KolanifvPosted 11/16/2013 9:46:22 PM
Not this gen, and not with that 500 gb hard drive. If PS4 games are any indicator of the file sizes on One games, well...if you bought all the launch titles and started them up, you're under 75 gb on the stock drive.
#24Mr_arizonaPosted 11/16/2013 9:59:58 PM
Kolanifv posted...
Not this gen, and not with that 500 gb hard drive. If PS4 games are any indicator of the file sizes on One games, well...if you bought all the launch titles and started them up, you're under 75 gb on the stock drive.

Delete, redownload, delete, redownload? Sounds like a pain in the ass at first but it's not like you're doing this constantly in one day. Plus if you switch between 7 or 10 games a day you got problems. If I think I might play an old game I'll download it then go to sleep or run to the store. It'll be ready later.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#25koichiPosted 11/16/2013 10:14:15 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
koichi posted...
TheSL1Club posted...
TC, you can hook yur pc to a TV, you can get a controller for your pc, if games go all digital there is 0 advantage in owning a console whatsoever. Do you not see that?

except the part where most console games work with out tinkering. Unlike some of the most recent PC games.

Tinkering what? Installing updates?

No. I mean going out of your way other than installing and launching the game. Having to diasble multi tread. Having to cancel out your sli, having to go into the cmd to enable or disable things.installing things thats not even required to just get the game to work. Main example would be Battlefield 4.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#26SuperXThousandPosted 11/16/2013 10:26:03 PM
Aren't games like 50gbs in size now?

Wouldn't work for me since I only get 125GBs a month :/
#27GuyFawkes5Posted 11/16/2013 10:29:08 PM
angealfire posted...
Yeah but why alienate the people who like physical media?

this. the day the gaming industry goes all digital gaming is the day I stop gaming. period.
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.
#28Bristow84Posted 11/16/2013 10:33:05 PM
Mr_arizona posted...
Kolanifv posted...

Delete, redownload, delete, redownload? Sounds like a pain in the ass at first but it's not like you're doing this constantly in one day. Plus if you switch between 7 or 10 games a day you got problems. If I think I might play an old game I'll download it then go to sleep or run to the store. It'll be ready later.

And for those with bandwidth caps this just isn't isn't a viable solution, at all.
---
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || GTX670 || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain
#29nizam216Posted 11/17/2013 6:33:00 AM
Xuande12 posted...
No, just no. This topic is fail and the Xbox would have failed miserably.
#30nizam216Posted 11/17/2013 6:46:23 AM
Guys, please stop saying that consoles should go all digital because hurr durr Steam. Apples/oranges to the 10th power, consoles offer no backwards compatility these days which means that your games will be lost when you upgrade; this is not an issue with Steam.

Got it? Good.