I still think xbox one could of gone all digital with success

#31scoobydoobydontPosted 11/17/2013 8:00:29 AM
nizam216 posted...
...consoles offer no backwards compatility these days which means that your games will be lost when you upgrade...

This is the only reason I'm not buying One now. If they had released a BC DD-only box though, I'd be there day one buying three of them. Too bad they (and many here) are idiotic enough to insist this isn't an issue.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/Z6wIShE.jpg
#32BDJaycePosted 11/17/2013 8:06:04 AM
It couldn't have gone all digital without the 'masses' crying out like 5 year olds who were told they had to eat their vegetables.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#33TreGoodaPosted 11/17/2013 8:11:28 AM
angealfire posted...
Yeah but why alienate the people who like physical media?

Because they're ruining the market and a very tiny minority that will need to get with the times or give up modern gaming.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#34BDJaycePosted 11/17/2013 8:13:02 AM
TreGooda posted...
angealfire posted...

Because they're ruining the market and a very tiny minority that will need to get with the times or give up modern gaming.

This is actually worse than the people who want physical media. People who proclaim themselves the majority when they are probably the minority make me want to throw something in protest.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#35Thewinner14Posted 11/17/2013 8:16:10 AM
MS has no reason to offer sales like steam does because the xb1 is a closed platform, pc is not.
Re: only renting games on steam, Gabe has said that they'll remove steam authentication if valve were to ever fold, so that games will still work.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#36bob15xPosted 11/17/2013 8:16:47 AM
BDJayce posted...
TreGooda posted...
angealfire posted...

This is actually worse than the people who want physical media. People who proclaim themselves the majority when they are probably the minority make me want to throw something in protest.

THERE WAS GOD DAMN FIING PHYSICAL MEDIA STOP SAYING THERE WASNT OMG WHY CAN YOU FING IDIOTS GET THAT THROUGH YOUR GOD DAMN HEADS.

sorry caps but my god people on here need their brains bashed with information before they get it.
#37TreGoodaPosted 11/17/2013 8:17:46 AM
BDJayce posted...
TreGooda posted...
angealfire posted...

The majority of gamers buying an XBOX One have the internet.

I can say that without doing any research at all.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#38nizam216Posted 11/17/2013 8:24:13 AM
TreGooda posted...
BDJayce posted...
TreGooda posted...
angealfire posted...

The majority of gamers buying an Xbox One buy physical games. The majority of gamers buying an Xbox One have internet that will make downloading a 39+ game a 3-5 day tenure and will choose physical copies instead.

I can say these things without doing any research at all
#39nizam216Posted 11/17/2013 8:27:21 AM
Mr_arizona posted...
Kolanifv posted...
Not this gen, and not with that 500 gb hard drive. If PS4 games are any indicator of the file sizes on One games, well...if you bought all the launch titles and started them up, you're under 75 gb on the stock drive.

Delete, redownload, delete, redownload? Sounds like a pain in the ass at first but it's not like you're doing this constantly in one day.

Good thing there are physical copies of discs. ;)
#40bob15xPosted 11/17/2013 8:28:26 AM
nizam216 posted...
TreGooda posted...
BDJayce posted...
TreGooda posted...
angealfire posted...

The majority of gamers buying an Xbox One buy physical games. The majority of gamers buying an Xbox One have internet that will make downloading a 39+ game a 3-5 day tenure and will choose physical copies instead.

I can say these things without doing any research at all

why would it be a 3-5 day tenure when you can go to the store and buy the fing physical disk?