Will developers not take advantage of Kinect due to PS4/PC?

#1SnoicFactorPosted 11/16/2013 10:42:16 PM(edited)
what I mean is.. From the third party games we are seeing now, no one uses any of these console specific features extensively. I see few 3rd party games that use the touch pad for ps4.. Same for Wii Us gamepad(zombie u about it?). Seems only first party games do anything with them. As for the topic question. So far, PS4 and PC versions of third party multiplayer games have been performing better. Are they perhaps the lead platforms? If so, will that lower the potential kinect features even more? I know BF4 will have head tilting. Are small things like this as far as it will go?
---
nt
#2PsychoGatesPosted 11/16/2013 10:41:42 PM
3rd part is unlikely to be anything amazing, but its possible.

Its really 1st person games where kinect functionality will shine
#3Viet0nePosted 11/16/2013 10:42:34 PM
Don't expect multiplat games to take full advantage of Kinect due to extra development resources that only benefit one console. This is going to be even more true when the proportion of the userbase that would use kinect is much smaller than the whole.

When Xbox One only amounts to a possible 1/3rd of the total userbase, it's simply not worth the effort for developers to have Kinect features that are significant and costly.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#4True_FoeHammerPosted 11/16/2013 10:49:48 PM
I expect more voice functionality. The PS4 camera isn't near a Kinect 2, but it's still able to perform most the same functions, just not as able to parse apart subtleties like blood pressure. EndWar last generation had voice commands and only needed a basic headset, so I can't imagine it being that difficult to at least have basic voice functionality .
#5JTfirePosted 11/16/2013 11:33:53 PM
one of the coolest features of the microphones in it is that they can pinpoint the direction a sound came from (i think in one vid they said its accurate to about 5 inches) so playing split screen co-op with something like a rainbow 6 game where you can command your allies with your voice would let both players use their voice to call out to their AI team mates (it would still need a button to activate it otherwise just talking to your friend could cause your team to do all sorts of stupid stuff)
as for movement stuff doesnt BF4 already incorporate that with its leaning mechanism? i can see some devs using the touchpad on the ps4 for the same things as what they use the kinect for imagine a game where your character could draw symbols in the air to cast spells on ps4 they draw it on the touchpad on the xbone they draw it in the air it would be a cool addition to a hack and slash RPG i think
---
this is my new sig