Do you think Microsoft can sell 1 million console at launch?

#21Dannyson97Posted 11/17/2013 9:22:12 AM
They already sold over a million in pre-orders.
---
Argue with me at your own risk I have way too much free time.
#22dnmtPosted 11/17/2013 9:23:25 AM
bob15x posted...
it amazes me no one realized that the sales number does not matter.

both preorders have been sold out, therefore the amount sold is dependent on how many preorders have been sold which is dependent on how many each company has been able to produce.

So the initial days sales has to do with production.

so in the end, which company was able to produce more?

I am thinking Sony since they were willing to abuse college students and use them as slave labour to produce ps4s.

Oh those are some nice excuses. I'm sure you'll think of even better ones by launch day!
#23bob15xPosted 11/17/2013 9:29:31 AM
dnmt posted...
bob15x posted...

both preorders have been sold out, therefore the amount sold is dependent on how many preorders have been sold which is dependent on how many each company has been able to produce.

I am thinking Sony since they were willing to abuse college students and use them as slave labour to produce ps4s.

Oh those are some nice excuses. I'm sure you'll think of even better ones by launch day!

how is that an excuse. You make absolutely no sense.

so if MS sells more, are you going to change your tune and say that its only because MS was able to make more?
#24SomnusNemorisPosted 11/17/2013 9:30:22 AM
Dannyson97 posted...
They already sold over a million in pre-orders.

*worldwide

I can guarantee you that the PS4 has a lot more than 1m pre-ordered in just the other territories alone. I reckon come the 29th, Sony will be reporting 3.5m sales for worldwide.
---
PSN/GT - AstuteClass
"It's like Nickelback following up Tool" - TheRatedRViper [on Xbone having to follow PS4's awesome launch]
#25catzrul2002Posted 11/17/2013 9:30:47 AM
Personally I think the Xbox One launch will outsell the PS4s sold in NA, but once the European PS4 launch hits, the PS4 will take the top spot again.
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#26dnmtPosted 11/17/2013 9:33:47 AM
bob15x posted...
dnmt posted...
bob15x posted...

how is that an excuse. You make absolutely no sense.

so if MS sells more, are you going to change your tune and say that its only because MS was able to make more?

No I will not, feel free to quote me on that come launch day. Who are we kidding though, it's pretty obvious the PS4 is going to sell twice as many units worldwide- the US launch is merely the beginning.
#27UddersAndBladesPosted 11/17/2013 9:34:09 AM
No, not in the USA alone anyways.
---
Look! The East is burning red!
#28Cowboy082288Posted 11/17/2013 9:34:38 AM
It really is hard to say. Right now supply for neither system can reach demand. So it really does come down to how many units they have been able to make and get to market. This will last throughout the holiday season. In 2014 supply and demand will come into balance.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#29The OnionPosted 11/17/2013 9:36:35 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...

Btw, Killzone: Shadow Fall alone had nearly the pre-orders all three Xbone exclusives had, so Sony is doing fine there.

broken logic is broken.
#30SheltonSplashPosted 11/17/2013 9:37:13 AM
Seeing as its a global launch, easy.
---
Cometh The Gold!
Shelton Benjamin-"Gold Standard" - Future of the WWE!