This whole next gen release represents a lot of what is wrong with gaming.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. This whole next gen release represents a lot of what is wrong with gaming.
2 years ago#1
I am excited for the new consoles and have been keeping up with most of the news and issues that have come and gone as we have gotten closer to release. My excitement is somewhat held back by what i consider to be some real problems in gaming that are only getting worse. None of this should be new to most of you but I wanted to make this thread because its important to point out exactly what is going on. The problem is simple; pre-orders.

The emphasis we place on pre-ordering is driving this industry into the toilet. It has been this way for years. What is it about some of you that you have to have everything first? Why can't we wait for a game to come out and get solid information about how it performs before buying it? Why are thousands of us camping out at stores waiting to buy products that don't work right? How long is this going to go on before we smarten up?

The PS4 is a great example of what has happened in the last decade or so and I expect the same exact thing to happen with the XB1. Everything is being rushed to get released before the holiday season so these companies can remain competitive during peak buying season. It makes complete sense from their point of view. They are selling millions and millions of copies of unfinished broken games because people line up to buy them before anyone knows how they work. This is why Battlefield 4 isn't working. This is why the PS4 network has issues. This is why Forza and KI aren't finished. This is why these games don't run at 1080p. They know they don't have to sell completed products for us to buy them.

When are we going to learn? How many of you complain about this stuff but continue to wait in line and buy these products at midnight release? How can you expect these companies to do anything different if you continue to buy their crap?

There needs to be something done to get a message to these developers. Until we as consumers get smarter and stop pre-ordering and buying these products without knowing how they work nothing will change. As excited as I am for this console to be released I know there are going to be issues and am choosing not to buy the console until they are fixed. I only wish more of you would do the same.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
2 years ago#2
I pre order to pay for things in advance and that's about it. I've had my Xbox payed off for months now so I don't need to stress over a 800$ day with games and stuff.
2 years ago#3
But thats kind of what I mean. Why pay for this in advance? Especially with all the issues games that rely on server side support have had recently? Why not just save the money and wait to see if the game works right before paying for it?
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
2 years ago#4
Of no one buys a game day 1 or month 1, developers will assume the game failed.

It's also selfish and sometimes foolish to trust a review.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
2 years ago#5
knightimex posted...

How is it selfish....And check multiple reviews not one.
And competent devs get the needed information out before hand, that's why reveiw embargoing until the day of release is a practice that should be looked upon with disgust.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
2 years ago#6
whitelytning posted...
But thats kind of what I mean. Why pay for this in advance? Especially with all the issues games that rely on server side support have had recently? Why not just save the money and wait to see if the game works right before paying for it?

You shouldn't try to understand why but just know people are different. Their's people like you that will wait and see and then their's people like me who will buy on Day One problems and all. That's just the way it is.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
2 years ago#7
why do you care, with the inclusion of internet pretty much a need, it has been like this for a long time, it has nothing to do with having to be the first.

It is about playing a game you're excited about, just cause Sony's console is having problems does not mean Xbox one will. I am excited for it I want to play it and I will.

The thing that is driving this industry down is a Variety of things and to me not waiting until something is reviewed is far down on the list since a review is a glorified opinion. It is games Like Call of Duty that release the same garbage every year with a few tweaks, It's gamers who don't want change and think they are entitled to everything, gamers who think it is all about frame rates and resolution and not game play, it's about gamers stuck in the old ways and not excepting change like motion controls, its about gamers not excepting mistakes and bashing a company cause something didn't work; not realizing that things slip through the cracks.

No my friend there is a lot wrong with this industry and it is definitely not about early adapters
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
2 years ago#8
I don't pre-order games anymore exactly for this reason but I also like to thank those that do. They are the brave soldiers that help find the problems that should have been taken care of before release.
---
The gaming industry is continuously going down in both quantity and quality. This makes me feel sad.
2 years ago#9
Bikes- posted...
knightimex posted...

How is it selfish....And check multiple reviews not one.
And competent devs get the needed information out before hand, that's why reveiw embargoing until the day of release is a practice that should be looked upon with disgust.

Demos exist for a reason.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
2 years ago#10
I'm more annoyed by the fact that they're releasing their "next-gen" consoles far too soon. The graphics are marginally better and the consoles aren't really offering anything that we can't already do now. They should've waited.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. This whole next gen release represents a lot of what is wrong with gaming.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived